Canned clams recipes?

Options
rgugs13
rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
Hey all!

I've been struggling with energy and motivation the last couple of days, and I think it is iron deficiency. Seafood is my go to food when I'm low in iron, but visiting family in Kansas means affordable seafood is few and far between. Canned clams are available and budget friendly, and uber-full of iron, but I really cant stand them canned. I love them fresh!

Does anybody have any good light recipes for canned clams? Most of what I find are heavy chowders and sauces that aren't very diet friendly.

Thanks!!!

Rachel

Replies

• NadirToZenith
    NadirToZenith Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I used canned clams for my Pasta with white clam sauce. I make mine lighter than most but its still not a low cal dish. I just saute some chopped garlic in a bit of EVOO until just starting to turn golden then add some white wine and let that simmer. Then I add the clams (I use 2 cans of clams) and the broth from just one can and I warm it through. I add fresh or dried parsley plus pepper to taste and I toss this with pasta thats prepared according to the directions. You can add more wine or olive oil if you prefer. I get my pleasure from the flavors of the clams and the garlic as well as the pasta and the light amount of wine and olive oil doesn't matter to me.

ETA: I prefer Snows chopped clams over any brand of whole baby clams I've tried. I find this to be better flavor but that's just me :)
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Juicing?