Tell me your fav Smoothie / Juice recipes pleeeeaaaasssee :)

Options
skelton82
skelton82 Posts: 25 Member
Having posted twice in the wrong forum can someone please share their fav recipes with me. I have just got my first smoothie blender and do the food shop in a week need ideas for what to try out. sweet and savory alike welcome high nutrition and healthy.
advice needed I am a juicer virgin!!!

Replies

• skelton82
    Options
    well this is becoming an epic fail seriously does no one have any smoothie juice recipes to offer. I know I can google them but would have liked genuine opinions from people who make them daily!
  • thisdamselflies
    thisdamselflies Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There was just a post about this a couple of days ago, and I posted in there. It's here, if you want to check it out:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1050028-smoothies

There's another thread here with a bunch:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1016885-smoothie-recipe-ideas

Have fun with your blender!
  • skelton82
    Options
    Thank you I had not see these threads.
    THANK YOU FOR REPLYING !!! i really appreciate it xx
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Put a tsp of york peppermint pattie coffee creamer in anything and it tasted gooooooooooooood
  • NadirToZenith
    NadirToZenith Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies for my daughter very often. She doesn't have a hugely sweet tooth and is happy for me to throw a frozen banana in with some fresh strawberries. I might add a bit of milk or even yogurt sometimes. If strawberries aren't in season I'll use a fresh banana and frozen strawberries. I find that having one frozen element makes the mix very creamy like ice cream.
  • Kentuckygirl61
    Kentuckygirl61 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Spinach (2 handfuls fresh)
    1 banana
    1 C raspberries
    1tsp. ground flax
    1/2-1c. blueberries
    1c. silk unsweetened (regular/almond) I prefer almond
    splenda-optional

put ingredients in as isted. I use all items fresh, and after everything os blended on HIGH until juicey, then I add 1 tray of ice cubes. If it is too thick for your blender add some water or soy milk.
    Trust me this good and if you put it in a Styrofoam cup like they have at the stores, but with a lid. Kids will drink it up as a sweet drink. They (kids) donot want it when they see the color green (lol).
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I like making my own smoothies , i usually just add what ever fruit i have at home but most of the time i have a strawberry and banana smoothie, i use fat free greek yoghurt and it tastes really good and healthy, i find adding ice cubes makes it runny so to make it cold i put it in the fridge for a while and then its nice and cold

i also make watermelon , grapes , strawberries and use fat free greek yoghurt, just add a little watermelon as it makes it really runny, unless you prefer it like that but i usually prefer my smoothies to be fairly thick,
  • Dstny1957
    Dstny1957 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit works really well too. If I catch a sale at the market. I bring it home, wash and dry it, cut it up and freeze it first on a cookie sheet flat. Then I pop it into freezer bags. When I'm ready to make a smoothie I pull some out and put in some greek fat free yogurt, flax seed, the fruit, wheat germ, and spinach. Voila!
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people want to drink their calories instead of chewing.
  • skinnylegs
    Options
    I use Herbalife smoothie mix...easy...and has protein...to enhance weight loss

https://www.GoHerbalife.com/arlettwhite/en-US
  • racbergs
    racbergs Posts: 72
    Options
    Hi, here's my go-to smoothie!

1 C Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Milk
    1 Frozen Banana
    About 5 whole frozen strawberries
    A handful of frozen spinach
    1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter

The peanut butter definitely adds a good amount of calories, but it makes the smoothie extra creamy, and totally worth it :)
  • luvnumbers
    Options
    I use the frozen bags of fruit you can get at walmart. It's pineapple, peach, strawberry mango. I use about a cup of fruit out of the bag and toss the rest back in the freezer. Let that sit out to thaw for a few minutes. To the blender i add about a half cup or so (I dont measure) of unflavored yogurt, and a big splash of orange juice or my favorite is Dole pineapple/orange juice. Blend it all together and add additional juice if you want it more or less liquid. I usually sweeten it with a tiny touch of Stevia because I dont like adding additional sugar, but its really pretty good without any additional sweetener. Sometimes I throw in a handfull of frozen blueberries as well. My husband likes it when I add bananas to his, but I think that makes the whole thing taste like bananas so I dont add them to mine.
  • walleymama
    walleymama Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My favorite smoothie recipe (note: this is based on a low-carb, high-fat diet so if you are looking to count calories it may not be for you). With that said, I find most smoothie recipes are based on fruit juice and therefore too high in sugar for my liking.

2 - 3 tbsp almond butter
    ~ 1/4 coconut milk
    big handful of baby spinach leaves
    ~ 1/2 cup of frozen berries or other fruit
    top with milk (dairy or other, such as almond) until desired consistency is reached.

This makes about 3 eight oz servings.

It's a refreshing breakfast on a hot, summer morning and is why I prefer to "drink" my calories sometimes.
  • sherryapage
    Options
    This is for when you want a chocolate hit:
    !/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
    one banana
    6 ice cube
    optional..a tiny bit of maple syrup
    Blend
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people want to drink their calories instead of chewing.

I also prefer to chew; if nothing else, makes me feel fuller. But to each their own. One day I'm not gonna not feel hungry after smoothies too. One day :)
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    2 cups kale
    2 cups baby spinach
    3 carrots
    1 cucumber
    1 apple or pear
    1/2 cup of almond milk

Blend
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I just made this for the first time the other day:

Non-fat Greek yogurt,
    Frozen pitted sweet cherries
    Orange juice
    Mint leaves
    (It's a yummy treat with cocoa too)
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    well this is becoming an epic fail seriously does no one have any smoothie juice recipes to offer. I know I can google them but would have liked genuine opinions from people who make them daily!

There's a search function here too :)
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Strawberry, banana, mango smoothie

1 banana
    1 cup strawberries
    2 mangos
    1 cup ice

Serves 4. Very delicious & refreshing.
    Ps. The serves 4 is normal regular cups, if you use the big tall glasses then it would only serve 2. But I find it very filling in a single serving.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    My fav: 1 cup green machine naked juice, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup kale, 1/2 cup raw chickpeas (just soak them overnight)... blend with 4 ice cubes... YUMMY!!