After losing some weight, should I keep going?

Options
Celebi03
Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
I feel like I should honestly lose a few more pounds. I started at 195 and I weigh 169 now.
This was me when I joined MFP in April almost 200
IMAG1100_zpsb2503aeb.jpg

and this is me now (picture taken yesterday)
2fb91547-918f-40ee-9d5f-8db234b24ade_zpsb37a5bdd.jpg

I just need motivation/opinion/thoughts, do you guys think I should lose more weight? I want honest opinions.

Replies

• Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I think the size you are at is a good size for you but in order to maintain that size you'll have to continue with at least some exercise. :] Also still following your calorie intakes and knowing how much you should eat.
  • Celebi03
    Options
    I've been at 169 for a month now. I'm thinking about lifting now that I'm close to my goal weight which originally was 150, and thanks! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I would never presume to answer that question for somebody else. Are YOU happy with the way you look now? Would you like to be a little slimmer, or do you think you're just right? There's your answer.
  • blondejester
    Options
    it's not up to us or anyone else except for how much weight you should lose. if you are happy with your body then you should stay there and if you're not, then keep trying to lose weight! i think you look beautiful :flowerforyou:
  • Celebi03
    Options
    I would never presume to answer that question for somebody else. Are YOU happy with the way you look now? Would you like to be a little slimmer, or do you think you're just right? There's your answer.

I understand. Yes, I am happy with the way I look now but I feel that I can achieve more if I put more effort into what I do. I'd like to have a healthier body fat.. thanks for your response :flowerforyou:
  • Celebi03
    Options
    it's not up to us or anyone else except for how much weight you should lose. if you are happy with your body then you should stay there and if you're not, then keep trying to lose weight! i think you look beautiful :flowerforyou:

Thank you. I honestly needed opinions, I guess I'm that insecure. But thanks, MFP has helped me gain the confidence I've always lacked.
  • nee90
    nee90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow ... awesome progress! You should be proud!
    Your body looks nice!
    I would suggest you to take a break , try to maintain, see how it goes for a while...
    Let your body relax a little bit...
    Then if you still want to lose more you'll already know how to do it!
    This is what I would do... But I definitely would take a break for a while... (I'm even thinking to do it now)
  • Celebi03
    Options
    Wow ... awesome progress! You should be proud!
    Your body looks nice!
    I would suggest you to take a break , try to maintain, see how it goes for a while...
    Let your body relax a little bit...
    Then if you still want to lose more you'll already know how to do it!
    This is what I would do... But I definitely would take a break for a while... (I'm even thinking to do it now)

Thank you. :heart: Yes I'm thinking about taking a short break before starting again. I've been a whole month at the same weight though. I'm going to look into getting a gym membership soon.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I think you look great at where your at now! I think you have the right idea of focusing on lifting now rather than losing. I think that by you lifting it will tone everything up and get you feeling more comfortable in your skin.
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Love your outfit! Very cute.

You look great, well done on how far you've come. I think the advice given already is good, take a little time and see how you feel living at your new weight :smile:
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Are you like 6 feet tall? I would never have guessed you to be above 160, nice work!! It is completely up to you and how you feel about your body. I quit worrying so much about weight and started focusing more on composition. I have incorporated more weights in to my weekly routine and I think it is helping me get the body that I actually want instead of just losing weight from all over.

Anyway take a look at your personal goals and go from there!! GOOD LUCK!!
  • xsqueakme85
    xsqueakme85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Well it depends on your height and bone mass. I would go to a BMI calculator to see if you are at a healthy weight, then decide from there :) HTH
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about lifting now that I'm close to my goal weight
    Do it! Lift! It's certainly made me look and feel a lot better. :flowerforyou:
  • Celebi03
    Options
    Wow!! Are you like 6 feet tall? I would never have guessed you to be above 160, nice work!! It is completely up to you and how you feel about your body. I quit worrying so much about weight and started focusing more on composition. I have incorporated more weights in to my weekly routine and I think it is helping me get the body that I actually want instead of just losing weight from all over.

Anyway take a look at your personal goals and go from there!! GOOD LUCK!!

no way. I am 5'6 almost 5'7. I consider myself to be real short, but thanks for the compliment! I do agree with what you said. I should quit worrying about the scale and focus on composition. Thanks and good luck to you also!
  • Celebi03
    Options
    Love your outfit! Very cute.

You look great, well done on how far you've come. I think the advice given already is good, take a little time and see how you feel living at your new weight :smile:

Thank you :heart:
  • Celebi03
    Options
    Well it depends on your height and bone mass. I would go to a BMI calculator to see if you are at a healthy weight, then decide from there :) HTH

Thanks I'll check that out :) also hth?
  • Celebi03
    Options

you look great in that pic! nice legs :wink:
  • xsqueakme85
    xsqueakme85 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    hope this helps :)
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options

you look great in that pic! nice legs :wink:
    Aw, thanks! :heart:
  • Celebi03
    Options
    hope this helps :)

oh, thanks :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!