Post Some Motivational Quotes

Options

Replies

• dunadan
    dunadan Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Shoot for the moon, even if you fall short you'll still land among the stars.

FALSE.

The moon is 384,000 km from the Earth; the closest star to us is Proxima Centauri, which is over 4.24 light-years away, or 4.01 x 10^13 km. Therefore:

1. If you "shoot for the moon" and fall short, you are likely to be pulled back into Earth's gravity and burn up upon re-entry into our atmosphere.

2. In the unlikely event that your trajectory and velocity would end your journey at one of the Lagrange points between the Earth and the moon, you would remain in orbit and die of suffocation in the blackness of space.

3. If you were to be shot at the moon with such velocity that you *would* end up amongst the stars if you missed, then you would be travelling far too fast to safely touch down on the moon, and would have be killed on impact with the moon.

"I believe every human has a finite number of heartbeats. I don't intend to waste any of mine."
    --Neil Armstrong
  • Gusinskygm
    Options
    Quote- "Don't wait for the perfect opportunity—you're looking at it."

A quote I live by often- "The sooner you get it done, the sooner you get it done."
  • collegegirl713
    collegegirl713 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! ~Marvin Phillips
  • collegegirl713
    collegegirl713 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The distance is nothing; it's only the first step that is difficult. ~ Marquise du Deffand
  • Gusinskygm
    Options
    Shoot for the moon, even if you fall short you'll still land among the stars.

FALSE.

The moon is 384,000 km from the Earth; the closest star to us is Proxima Centauri, which is over 4.24 light-years away, or 4.01 x 10^13 km. Therefore:

1. If you "shoot for the moon" and fall short, you are likely to be pulled back into Earth's gravity and burn up upon re-entry into our atmosphere.

2. In the unlikely event that your trajectory and velocity would end your journey at one of the Lagrange points between the Earth and the moon, you would remain in orbit and die of suffocation in the blackness of space.

3. If you were to be shot at the moon with such velocity that you *would* end up amongst the stars if you missed, then you would be travelling far too fast to safely touch down on the moon, and would have be killed on impact with the moon.

This was not motivating
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I know what is within me, even if I can’t see it yet.
    I have something more important than courage; I have patience.
    I will become what I know I am.
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS! Crushed a marathon while training in March listening to this song at the 26.2 mile finish mark--excerpted from "Anything is Possible" by Journey:

"Up against the world, you face your destiny,
    Don't let today's regrets affect tomorrow's dreams.
    When you shoot for the moon and you miss your mark,
    Baby you'll still end up so high among the stars...
    It's the choice you make, it's the time you take
    It's the risk you take, you know that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE."
  • rachelakai2
    rachelakai2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    "Suck it up today so you don't have to suck it in tomorrow!"
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Let me start first

Think Positive,You Can Do It & Be Happy :)

You can post Pictures Also :)

a0nc.jpg
  • USMCnetty90
    USMCnetty90 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    "if you dont like something change it, if you cant change it change your attitude" Maya Angleou

Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The voice in your head that says you can't do it is a lying slut.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SemperAnticus1643
    Options
    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - Marianne Williamson
  • SemperAnticus1643
    Options
    Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you're hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that! - Rocky Balboa, "Balboa"
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Do not reward yourself with food. You are not a dog.

You can feel SORE tomorrow, or SORRY tomorrow.

A man’s health can be judged by which he takes two at a time – pills or stairs.
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - Marianne Williamson

Thanks for posting this. For years this has been one of my all time favorite quotes, but I'd always thought It was from Nelson Mandela. I looked it up and sure enough, Marianne Williamson not only said it, but said she has no idea how her quote got mixed up with Nelson Mandela, but she's honored that it has meant so much to peaople :)
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you're hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that! - Rocky Balboa, "Balboa"

LOVE THIS!!
  • newblue95
    newblue95 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's not how good you are, it's how good you want to be.

The time will pass, no matter how you use it.

A year from now, you'll wish you'd have started today.

One healthy choice at a time.

You are what you eat, so don't be fake, easy, fast, or cheap.

Suck it up, and one day you won't have to suck it in.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God.” - Marianne Williamson

Thank you for these words. We all need to know that we are important to our Lord, and He only wants the best for us.
  • kjmiller_15
    kjmiller_15 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i like this