Suggestions on what Workout to do Next!

Options
lawmaria
lawmaria Posts: 184 Member
HI, I have about 14lbs left to reach my goal. I think these last pounds will be the hardest to lose. I started TurboFire in Jan and completed 90 days. I immediately started doing Insanity and I actually have 3 days left to finish my Insanity Program. Im trying to decide on what workout plan I should do next. I do like the intense cardio workouts. Slower workouts I really lose interest in, so I do not even try them. So I was just wondering what I should do next. Thanks.:drinker:

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Add strength training. The closer you get to your goal weight the more change that a larger % of your weight loss will come from lean muscle. Strength training, a small deficit, and adequate protein will help you retain the muscle you already have, and if you are new to strength training, may actually build a small amount of new muscle.

Check out the books New Rules of Lifting for women and Starting Strength. Stronglifts 5x5 is another great program.
  • ToryCarr
    ToryCarr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Girl you should start Focus T25 with Shaun T!!!! I'm finishing my 3rd week right now and it is amazing! The workouts are 25 minutes a day 5 days a week (Fridays he makes you do 2-25 minute workouts).
  • lawmaria
    Options
    thanks i will check the info out that you gave me. i do have the Chalene Extreme Program. I believe that is strength training.
    Add strength training. The closer you get to your goal weight the more change that a larger % of your weight loss will come from lean muscle. Strength training, a small deficit, and adequate protein will help you retain the muscle you already have, and if you are new to strength training, may actually build a small amount of new muscle.

Check out the books New Rules of Lifting for women and Starting Strength. Stronglifts 5x5 is another great program.
  • lawmaria
    Options
    Girl you should start Focus T25 with Shaun T!!!! I'm finishing my 3rd week right now and it is amazing! The workouts are 25 minutes a day 5 days a week (Fridays he makes you do 2-25 minute workouts).

I know that workout looks awesome and so challenging. I do want to do that for sure. Just wondering if I should give my body a little break for all the intense cardio. But I do want to get rid of these last 14lbs. Congrats on doing T25. Are you following his diet and if so, is it easy to do. Meaning are the foods and preparation easy to follow and find in the stores? Thank you.
  • ToryCarr
    ToryCarr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes! Shaun T tells you what to eat, how many calories a day to have, and which workouts to do everyday! The foods are very basic things that you can find at any store! Good luck!