regular foods\will i still loose weightloosers who have help

Options
Im asking of people who have eat normal foods bit kept in allowance have lost weight ;)

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you are asking?

You should always eat normal foods, skip the diet crap.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    What?? your post makes no sense....
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty far from "clean" eating, but I do limit the junk. I weighed out a portion of a cinnamon roll last night.. I weigh out a piece of birthday cake. I'm nearly at 60lbs lost. I've been floating around the same numbers for a while, but I was extremely ill for a bit and lost 9lbs over 2 weeks, so I know my body is just getting back into the flow of things.

If I cut out all "bad" food, as I have done in the past, I'd be more tempted to binge. I think I'm doing well!!

ETA - the post, although a couple typos, was easy to understand...
  • emzyloo88
    emzyloo88 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sorry.. Im asking if people have eat foods that regular foods.. Not just living on salads and chicken and veg. I get so bored of that. However im sticking to my calories with my food choices. ;)
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Im asking of people who have eat normal foods bit kept in allowance have lost weight ;)

Yes.

I haven't given up anything, but I do focus on total intake and, in general, try to keep my macros in balance (generally 40/30/30 Carb/Fat/Protein).
  • emzyloo88
    Options
    Hey. You have had a good loss.. Sounds a good shout il give that a go. X
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    eat regular foods and pay attention to your caloric intake and your macronutrients (protein, fat, carbs).

there are no magical foods.

eat sensibly for sustainability.
  • emzyloo88
    Options
    Can people look at my diary and see if im doing ok...have just started logging back in since Monday ;). It should be open.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    Can people look at my diary and see if im doing ok...have just started logging back in since Monday ;). It should be open.

I just checked out your diary for today. Now, I'm not a doctor, but it seems to me that you're not eating enough. If you've pre-logged all the food you're going to eat for the whole day, and don't plan on adding anything else, you'll end up at less than 1000 calories, which I can't imagine is enough for you. Trust me, I'm a doctor.
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think the key is to find what works for you. It has to be a lifestyle change. If you will not be content to just eat salads the rest of your life then don't try to lose weight that way. Eat a balanced diet, exercise and give yourself times to have that dessert or drink or whatever makes life enjoyable.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Sorry.. Im asking if people have eat foods that regular foods.. Not just living on salads and chicken and veg. I get so bored of that. However im sticking to my calories with my food choices. ;)

Chicken, salads, and vegetables are not regular foods? Do you mean what is typically called junk foods? You can lose weight eating them as long as the portions are smaller and you work the calories into your daily allotment.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

I couldn't agree more.
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    salad and chicken are not regular foods? this reminds me of my brother in law who calls white bread "regular bread". here in california when he asks for "regular toast" he gets wheat, and is confused every time.

my "regular foods" are chicken and salads (yes, even when i was fatter!), but i have lost over twenty pounds and i ate a cheeseburger and fries last night for dinner, and chocolate chip cookies for desert and was still well under my calorie goal. i eat desert of some kind every night. but thinking of these foods as "normal" and "regular" and chicken and vegetables as abnormal is weird to me. food is food.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what foods you mean, because chicken, salad and vegetables are "normal" in my house. But yes, you can lose weight while eating any kinds of foods. You will probably be more successful if you can get a good balance between foods that are nutrient-dense and keep you satisfied, and foods that you enjoy the most. You will get more "mileage"out of foods that are higher in fibre and protein, as these should keep you fuller for longer.

Looking at your diary, a bigger issue is that you're either not eating enough, or not logging very consistently/accurately.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    eat regular foods and pay attention to your caloric intake and your macronutrients (protein, fat, carbs).

^^^This!!! What happens when you do something you do not enjoy? You will eventually go back in to the same habits that got you where you are. I have cleaned up some of the things I eat but all in all I eat pretty regular food and still drink my beer. the differance being I am cognizant of how much I can consume everyday.

Think of it more as a lifestyle change and not a special timeframe where you are going to lose weight, for it to be sustainable you need to find something you can stick to!!

Don't mind the haters you will have them in every post.
    Good luck!
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You need to find the right calorie intake for your activity. Too much if a deficit (not enough calories) will derail your weight loss and could have long term negative effects on your body. Eat what you want in proportion, having a slight calorie deficit , you'll lose the weight.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I eat chocolate almost daily, if that's what you're asking?

I'm not sure what "normal food" is - like, whatever I find in grocery?

Eat a lot of protein (more than MFP recommends), eat GOOD carbs (fruits and veggies), and GOOD fats (olives, eggs, etc.)

LOG EVERYTHING, and NET at least 1200 cals - I lost weight at eating 1400 cals a day - everyone is different.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

What he said.

I learned when I cut out foods, I ended up binging on them in a week or 2. I don't claim to eat the healthfulest/healthiest foods, but I know I can eat this way until I die (hopefully painlessly, lol).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    What is regular food?

I eat salads and what not...you need to get your fruit and veg. But you also need to get your essential dietary fat and protein...so, while I do eat salads, I also eat eggs, bacon, steak, chicken, fish...I eat potatoes and pasta and corn tortillas and...well, I pretty much eat what I want so long as I'm getting my proper nutrition and hitting my calorie and macronutrient goals.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I mostly eat whole, fresh foods - lots of fish, lots of salads and other green vegetables, fresh fruit, etc. Are these not "regular" foods? Once in a while, I'll eat more calorie-laden foods - tonight I'm having pizza for dinner, but this is a once in a while meal. I've lost almost 50 pounds this way. These are all "regular" foods.