I've made my peace with...

Options
Katdyluv
Katdyluv Posts: 14 Member
NOT eating my daughters leftovers. I mean, it still burns me, but I WONT eat it. YES. it's a waste. YES, I paid good money for that food, And YES, there are staving folks all over the world. But, i'll just have to save it for another meal or trash it if I want to stop growing at the same rate as my toddler. :)

Replies

• AEMW8
    AEMW8 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The fact that I'm overweight, even considered obese (bleh), and I'm going to change it.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Exercise is essential for what I want. I not only want to be thinner, I want to be stronger. I'm not a big fan of working out, but if I want it bad enough, I need to.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    My parents have tacos every Friday. When I come over, I always want those gosh darn leftover taco shells because they are so tasty. I used to have them all the time. They are so calorie-dense, though. o:
  • Katdyluv
    Options
    My parents have tacos every Friday. When I come over, I always want those gosh darn leftover taco shells because they are so tasty. I used to have them all the time. They are so calorie-dense, though. o:

Leftover or not.. TACO SHELLS MMMMMM!
  • Katdyluv
    Options
    I not only want to be thinner, I want to be stronger.

Im right there with you girl!!
  • Katdyluv
    Options
    The fact that I'm overweight, even considered obese (bleh), and I'm going to change it.

Go Go Go!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    cauliflower...
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Smaller portions :(. Even with good for you foods. Boooooo. Who knew a portion of Granola was SO VERY SMALL - but it's good for you - right ?

Chew more, put the utensil down, enjoy the act of eating. Taste the food, don't snarf it. Breath, talk, drink and enjoy it.
  • jigenigma
    jigenigma Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eating off my daughter's plate is something I struggled with too!! It is not easy to say "ok--I will throw the rest of her food away"
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Spending my Sunday afternoons cooking and portioning my breakfasts / lunches / snacks for the entire week...now I'm using it to indulge in trashy tv as well :wink:
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    ....accepting that i will have to continue calorie counting and working hard to keep my figure, rather than reaching a weight i'm happy with then putting the lbs back on (which has happened in the past!) I have lost 37lbs and plan to keep it that way!