craving salt and sugar

Options
Kelley528
Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
Idk why I have been having strong cravings this week. I feel like I need a little more food than usual. I have been mostly craving salt and sugar. Its getting on my nerves to tell you the truth. I feel like my meal portions have been satisfying me. I do feel full after I eat yet I start craving either salt or sugar afterwards. It is not that time of the month, I dont actually feel hungry, but it gets to the point that I can almost taste the sugar or salt in my mouth and I feel like i need to give into it. I will wind up having some pretzels or a cupcake or ice cream within 30 minutes of eating because the craving for it is so strong. I'm not overeating as a result of this however it is causing me to eat up all my extra calories by dinner time and it doesnt allow me to have a decent snack before bed. I like to have a treat around 9pm because I tend to feel slightly hungry around that time but not enough for a whole meal. Now I have to cut out that snack because I dont have calories left.

Could it be the horribly hot weather of 100+ degrees? I have been drinking 6-8 servings of water a day. Could it be related to needing more fluids?

I dont add salt to my food. My sugar intake is primarily from fruit, I do not drink juice or soda--only water, coffee, or tea.

Can it be related to a low carb intake? I dont watch carbs and even though I eat bread daily and have pasta, potatos, rice during the week I never meet my recommended carb intake for the day.

I have also been really tired this week. I cant make it past 9pm one day this week.

I ate a serving of pretzels 2 hours after breakfast. Then donuts were being passed around the office an hour after that and I ate one. And despite that I still have the desire for salt. I removed my yogurt and apple from my morning snack menu to balance out the calories and I would prefer to eat the apple and yogurt because I do enjoy them but that dont satisfy the damn cravings this week.

Replies