Cardio Questions

Options
Hello.
I am starting cardio/strength exercises from tonight.
I want to lose around 2lbs/week, and I am planning to do 6 workout sessions/week.
I have a gym within my apartment, but there will not be any personal trainer.
Can anyone suggest me how to organize my cardio exercise plan, which will be around 45-60minutes long?
Thank you.

Replies

• jillbedford
    Options
    Try P90X. Google it locally and usually there are free classes too. It is motivating to work with others.
  • melbhall
    Options
    I don't have an answer for you but I'm eager to hear what other's say. I have a home gym with 2 machines and weights, videos, etc. I'm totally disorganized when it comes to exercise so hopefully someone will be able to outline a schedule for us both!
  • deke76
    deke76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    6 workouts/week is a lot to start with, I would actually suggest starting with 3/4. Split your workout up to lower body and upper body where you alternate days, i.e Monday - lower, Wednesday - upper, Friday - lower, Sunday-upper, Tuesday - lower...). I know that I have trouble actually working out on weekends so I sometimes don't but try and make sure you get at least the three. My personal opinion is that you will get more out of strength training so do 20 minutes of cardio to warm up, weights with an eye towards getting stronger and close with some stretching. If you can do this in the morning I believe you will get 1.5 times the benefit and I know I always feel good when I do a morning cardio session (Tuesday/Thursday) and stretch before heading to work (or school, whichever your personal situation). Good luck.
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    I think Chalean Extreme is a better program than P90x. A lot of ppl I know like it a lot better. They are similar and will both give you great results if you stick to it but Chalean is easier to commit to for 90 days.
  • mpark90
    Options
    Thak you everyone for your help! :)