Motivation Wanted

Options
I need suggestions to help me kick start my exercise regimen.
Motivation wanted... Any suggestions besides the mirror!

Replies

• Fairymo
    Fairymo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Buy something you really love in a smaller size and keep it hanging out so you can always see it in you room, even hang it next to the mirror? Good luck
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Do an activity that you enjoy
  • beckaanne52
    Options
    I go on pinterest and pick out the clothes I wish I could wear for motivation :) Once I have lost the weight I am going to splurge!
  • oreyna
    oreyna Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You just gotta want it!!! For nobody else but yourself...you gotta want it so bad that you can taste it!!!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    It's hard to go. Some type of reward usually works best for me. However, that being said, the hardest step is getting your butt off the couch and doing something. No matter how much I want a reward, that's the hardest part and routine to get into.
  • dorthymcconnel
    dorthymcconnel Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Pick an activity you like or think you will like. Put it on your calendar. Make an agreement with yourself. For example, I'm going to take a thirty minute walk three times this week (or however many times you feel comfortable doing it if you're just starting out). If I work out that many times in a week I'll treat myself to a new nail polish. Sometimes a carrot dangling in front of you gets you moving. But once you start, I promise you the feeling better and proud of yourself will trump any bribes. You can do this!
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You just gotta want it!!! For nobody else but yourself...you gotta want it so bad that you can taste it!!!

Pretty much this. It's usually a vacation or event that creates the "want" for me tho, because I want to look the best that I can.