Walking while pushing stroller tracking option?

Options
I just walked two miles (3.5 mph) pushing my 27 lb toddler in her stroller. Pushing that thing up and down hills has got to be burning more calories than just walking on my own. When I went to track it, I didn't see a walking while pushing stroller option. I did see a pushing/pulling stroller option, but the calories for that are less than the walking at 3.5 mph. Am I just missing it, or does it not exist? How do you track it?

Replies

• RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I run with my 3.5 yearold in the jogger. I just log it at my running speed, so usually 5 to 5.5 mph. She slows me down a lot! So while I realize I am burning more than if I were to run solo at that speed, I just consider it bonus.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Agreed -- it would be a nice option, howeer, it is not in there! LOL

I just log the exercise (running for me) and consider it a bonus whatever I burned extra from pushing my little guy in his stroller.

Edit: Even if you don't log it, your body recognizes that you did it and still burned those calories!
  • bamabutterfly83
    bamabutterfly83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    There is an option for carrying an infant or 15 lb load while walking. Does that increase the calorie burn recorded for you at all?
  • autumn26
    autumn26 Posts: 44
    Options
    I know, right? Pushing a huge and heavy double stroller with a 3 year old, a car seat and a 11lb 6 week old should count for something! lol
  • hunsford
    hunsford Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yeah, same here. When I push a stroller, I figure I'm probably burning a bit more than what the calculator says, but in the end, that calculator is just an estimate anyhow. People's bodies are different, so the calculator is never going to be right on for everyone. As long as I'm losing, I figure the estimates must be close. :)

If you'd like to get a more accurate estimate, you could purchase a heart rate monitor, which will take your exertion into account. If you don't normally like to spend that much money on something, you could make it a reward for reaching a specific goal.