Lower Sugar Protein Powder

Options
Hey guys :)
I've been wanting to try a new type of protein powder. I've done Shakeology, EAS Soy Protein, Natures Plus Spiru-tein, and the GNC brand Soy Protein.
I just ran to Walmart last night cuz I needed some last minute, so I bought more EAS Soy Protein powder...and didn't realize how much sugar was in it! woops!
What are some of your favorite protein powders? Any good lower cal/low sugar favorites? I mainly use it for nutrition, keeping me full, and post workouts (I lift a lot). Not trying to bulk though! lol

Ready.....go!

Replies

• ShrinkingLauren88
    ShrinkingLauren88 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Side note: no gluten
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    go to trader joe's (or online)

Met rx protein powder

Gluten free low carb etc etc etc awesome stuff

Just sayin'
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    DYMATIZE ISO 100 -
  • ShrinkingLauren88
    Options
    awesome thanks! I believe the nearest TJ is like 45 min from me and i've NEVER been to one but always wanted to check it out! I'll have to plan a trip sometime! (but i'll check it out online, too!)
  • michellechawner
    Options
    check online - MY mom had a lower sugar gluten free one she just gave me, but I don't have the container, we put it in a dispenser.

IT was Dynamatize Elite Gourmet Vanilla Cream Protein.

She gave it to me as she had to cut out all sugars, and it was gluten free (I'm gluten intolerant).

We got it at GNC, but here is their website http://www.dymatize.com/
  • ShrinkingLauren88
    Options
    check online - MY mom had a lower sugar gluten free one she just gave me, but I don't have the container, we put it in a dispenser.

IT was Dynamatize Elite Gourmet Vanilla Cream Protein.

She gave it to me as she had to cut out all sugars, and it was gluten free (I'm gluten intolerant).

We got it at GNC, but here is their website http://www.dymatize.com/

Thanks! I have a sensitivity but I mainly just stay away from the obvious ones (bread, pastas, etc.) And since I use protein powder every day I don't want it in that either or it builds up in my system.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Checkout Jay Robb
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    If you have a Hyvee, there NNW brand protein is the best I have tried. I believe its gluten free but not sure as I don't worry about that.
  • ShrinkingLauren88
    Options
    If you have a Hyvee, there NNW brand protein is the best I have tried. I believe its gluten free but not sure as I don't worry about that.

I'm assuming we don't. considering I don't know what that is! haha.
  • getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I go to GNC and buy Rivalus - Promasil - Vanilla Soft Serve Protein Powder. It has NO carbs, NO sugar. It is only 90 cals so I feel that it works perfect. Oh, and it is delicious! Not sure if it is gluten free though
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Optimal Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Natural Whey.

http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/natural-100-whey-gold-standard-p-202.html

I've been using it for over a year now, and have been very happy with it. You can find it online at bunch of places.
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Nectar (Chocolate and Vanilla) - zero carbs - gluten free

Cellucor (Vanilla) - only 4 g carbs - gluten free

Both taste great and mix well in water or almond milk alone though I usually make more of a smoothie with them.
  • ShrinkingLauren88
    Options
    thanks everyone!
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Im on GNC Lean 25 right now. Love it with almond milk and a banana or peanut butter! mmmmmm
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I personally like Jay Robb a lot. It uses stevia, with no added sugars. It's the only protein shake I've found that I can enjoy drinking as is. The orange dreamsicle flavor is just like eating an orangesickle! It's very low sugar but some people dislike stevia and/or find this product too sweet.

I've also used Spiru-tein (too slimy in texture, plus it's soy based and I already drink soymilk and that's probably enough soy for me) and Garden of Life's Raw Meal, but I don't think either are low sugar. The Raw Meal has a lot of nice stuff -- high protein, high fiber, probiotics, and the protein all comes from sprouted seeds and legumes -- but it tastes pretty awful so I put it in a fruit smoothie and it's fine. Garden of Life also makes a straightforward protein powder (which I think is low sugar), but I haven't tried it yet. But if you're OK with stevia and a low-sugar sweet flavor, give Jay Robb a try. Our local food store has one-serving packets available so you can give it a try without splurging $38 for an entire bag.
  • kellz9136
    kellz9136 Posts: 2
    Options
    The GNC ones are horrible and loaded with Corn Syrup Solids and other GMO junk. I am a lover of the Vega One meal replacement and Vega Energizing shakes. They taste awesome, and don't use artificial sweetners to make them sweet. Vanilla Chai is amazing, and they are loaded with good stuff including real fiber.
  • MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I use MLO Super High Protein Powder. It has 24g of protein 0g sugar. It is a mix of whey, milk, egg and soy protein. It is unflavored so you can mix it with just about anything. I buy it at Kroger for about $12 or so.

ETA: only 110 calories so you can tell it doesn't have a bunch of unwanted additives

450.jpg
  • ShrinkingLauren88
    Options
    I use MLO Super High Protein Powder. It has 24g of protein 0g sugar. It is a mix of whey, milk, egg and soy protein. It is unflavored so you can mix it with just about anything. I buy it at Kroger for about $12 or so.

ETA: only 110 calories so you can tell it doesn't have a bunch of unwanted additives

450.jpg

wow this looks great!! i'll have to see if I can find it! thanks!