Headphones for running..

Options
I have been through 3 different brands & versions of headphones over the last 3 months. I use my Iphone for tunes, plus I use RunKeeper & Ease n25k apps, I have an arm case for it & strap it to my upper arm.

I've just finished with the Marshmallow ones.. I've had the Memorex, and the Sony ones. Obviously I'm going to have to graduate up to athletic type ones.

Hubby uses a Sony headset that is a standalone runner's type. I don't have a garmin, so I need to still use the iphone for my apps & tracking.

What's your preference?...

Annnnnnnnnd GO!

Replies

• dchief30
    dchief30 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin wouldn't trade it for the world and also I have sweated at least 5 Sony Walkman's in the last year I now have a Phillips and I like that good sound to I looked at getting a Sony Walkman the is sweat proof but decided to go with Phillips
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of $7 Gumy headphones from Walmart. They've survived through months of sweaty workouts.
  • thatjeffsmith
    thatjeffsmith Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    How much do you want to spend? I bought a pair that the US Olympic team uses to train. They're Bluetooth and they fit very, very well. The sound is also very good.

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/bluebuds-x-bluetooth-headphones/

I went through 3 pairs of cheaper motorola's and I decided to up my budget a bit. These have been great.
  • Dechant63
    Dechant63 Posts: 59
    Options
    Best ones I've found are the ones that came with my iPhone 5. Tried many many different ones. These stay in and work great.
  • dogsahall67
    dogsahall67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How much do you want to spend? I bought a pair that the US Olympic team uses to train. They're Bluetooth and they fit very, very well. The sound is also very good.

http://www.jaybirdgear.com/bluebuds-x-bluetooth-headphones/

I went through 3 pairs of cheaper motorola's and I decided to up my budget a bit. These have been great.

The sportband headphones from Jaybird are amazing! I have had mine for three years and they still work great! They stay in place, you dont have to worry about a coord, and the sound quality is actually very good. They are on the steep side price wise but if you work out even once a week they are certainly worth it in the long run. The company is great too, customer support is wonderful!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Skullcandy
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Powerbeats by Dre is what I have.
  • bigaggie06
    bigaggie06 Posts: 10
    Options
    The sennheiser ones are pretty decent, not break the bank expensive either.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Massive skull candy ones that go over ur head rather buds in your ears
  • jenncaroon
    jenncaroon Posts: 91
    Options
    I can't remember the brand but mine have a piece that wraps over the top of my ear and I love them! My earbuds would always fall out while running which drove me crazy. I got mine at Wal-mart they were under 15 dollars and have lasted for a good year and a half so far.
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The sennheiser ones are pretty decent, not break the bank expensive either.

Agree I have these as well I love them, and they have a microphone so if you need to chat with somebody you can...
  • stefa711
    stefa711 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Best ones I've found are the ones that came with my iPhone 5. Tried many many different ones. These stay in and work great.

Boom. /End thread.

Edited because I'm a re re and messed up the quote
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have Yurbuds the Ironman ones and I love them.