New Here...

Options
New to MFP and just wanted to say hi. I am mid 30's and have struggled with my weight my whole life, from a very young age. At one point in my life I had lost over 100 pounds, but I did it the wrong way and of course it came back and brought a few extra pounds with it. Since then I have been a serial yo-yo dieter. I need to buckle down and get serious, I am tired of being FAT and unhealthy! This sounded like a great place for motivation and to support one another. Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. Nice to meet you all, and good luck with your goals everyone!:heart:

Replies

• kym35
    kym35 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am new too, trying to lose weight for my sister's wedding. I was down 7lbs but appear to have put up2lbs this week. I do 20/30 mins per night on stationary bike at home and try to do it at lunch in work on a Monday/Wednesday, so its double the amount I guess. Am raging I am up 2 this week but it happens I suppose. 1200 cals in my limit and I try stick to it. If I am allowed 1200 cals per day and I earn say 200 cals on the bike, should I then eat 1400 cals? OR is it better not too, am a little confused. Thanks in advance to you all. PS well done on so many success stories.
  • TheFatFox
    TheFatFox Posts: 126
    Options
    If you exercise and it says you can have more calories it is not a bad thing to eat them. Remember slow and steady is what it takes for healthy weight loss, so feel free to use those extra 200 calories. This isn't a sprint it is a marathon.
  • AngieF1260
    AngieF1260 Posts: 11
    Options
    Well said, FatFox!:smile:
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've only been here for 6 weeks and it's changed my life! I lost a ton of weight a few years back too really fast and it came back on even faster, MFP has been a great eye opener for me. I started because I'm in my sister's wedding and I'm the only big one, the other girls are all super skinny models... oh well I'm doing this for me right?
  • Shelley6591
    Shelley6591 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am new too, trying to lose weight for my sister's wedding. I was down 7lbs but appear to have put up2lbs this week. I do 20/30 mins per night on stationary bike at home and try to do it at lunch in work on a Monday/Wednesday, so its double the amount I guess. Am raging I am up 2 this week but it happens I suppose. 1200 cals in my limit and I try stick to it. If I am allowed 1200 cals per day and I earn say 200 cals on the bike, should I then eat 1400 cals? OR is it better not too, am a little confused. Thanks in advance to you all. PS well done on so many success stories.

Right there with you! when is the wedding? My sister's is the beginning of October.
  • kym35
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I dont want to be the biggest at the wedding either, no matter when I look in the mirror I always see the big one and same with photos, its desperate really. I was down 7lbs and thrilled now its just 5 :(
  • kym35
    Options
    The weddings is Feb but dress hunt will start in or around September

Right there with you! when is the wedding? My sister's is the beginning of October.
  • kym35
    Options
    Thanks Fatfox
  • Valerie5152
    Valerie5152 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been on fitness pal for a while but I got lazy and stopped tracking my food. I'm orginally from Canada but ended up in S. Texas. I've put on about 30-35 lbs so I'm back tracking everything and have also joined a little gym by my house. This is week 1 for me (this time). Would love to be friends with others on this site.
  • wanabthinagain
    Options
    Sent a request your way Valerie :)
  • Valerie5152
    Valerie5152 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :smile:
  • DonnaJean1967
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Im new on here. I am 46 years old. I am trying to lose wait but its hard for me. I never use to be this way but my depression i guess u can say took over me. Right now im trying to set a goal i want to be around 120. I want to look and feel pretty. I now way 251. I saw this web site and thought i want to try this to see if this would help me. I started on here wednesday. So far i like this and i can keep track on my health. I hope i can do this. I also hope i can make friends on here that are going threw hard times like i am and can help each other out. Thanks for listening From Donna
  • Alannnah
    Alannnah Posts: 10
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!

:)
  • batgirl_273
    batgirl_273 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @valerie

If you're from Canada, i understand... i pack on the pounds during our winters here in Winnipeg lol... i call it "insulation". But that's just my way of not feeling bad about it.

Good luck to you all!!! I already see the amount of support everyone is offering and it leaves me feeling positive about this weight loss attempt :)
  • rochey_1
    rochey_1 Posts: 37
    Options
    yep me too..Add me if you want..The more support the better right??
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Welcome....... That pic is way too creepy to be in my FL......
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm new here also. Just 3 weeks. Feel free to add me.
  • wanabthinagain
    Options
    Welcome....... That pic is way too creepy to be in my FL......

LOL Yeah, a few people have said that. TY for the welcome hello though :)
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP it's great that you are here, first step is everything. feel free to add me.:flowerforyou:
  • SolamenteYo
    Options
    Welcome! You can add me (if you'd like).