Always cold while dieting?

Options
I am ALWAYS cold lately. Our office thermostat is set to 22 degrees and I have a space heater under my desk and I am still FREEZING. I have gotten up, walked around, stretched and gone outside. It isn't cold outside lately either here in Canada. This has been happening the last couple of weeks since I have started cutting my calories!

Anyone else experience this!?

Replies

• run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    oh yeah sister. i am always freezing! i have my desk heater, sweater and hot water at my desk all day!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It is common once starting to cut calories, calories are fuel, so less fuel means less heating, and of course less insulating blubber

Once your body gets used to it, it sorts itself out and does what it should do and burn the fat to keep you warm
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I always have a sweater at my desk because of this.
  • tbullucks06
    tbullucks06 Posts: 128
    Options
    You may want to have your thyroid checked also.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Try not having a thyroid. I'm cold because of that and I went from 314 to 189. Fat is insulation. I'll just carry a sweater.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    and loving it! i would much rather wear a sweater and drink some tea than be hot and sweaty from excess weight.
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    yes. while everyone at work is wearing sleevless tops/capris/sandals...I sit here in long sleeves & chinos. brrrrr
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I am ALWAYS cold lately. Our office thermostat is set to 22 degrees and I have a space heater under my desk and I am still FREEZING. I have gotten up, walked around, stretched and gone outside. It isn't cold outside lately either here in Canada. This has been happening the last couple of weeks since I have started cutting my calories!

Anyone else experience this!?

Story of my life, space heater and all. Anything under 83 degrees (F) is cold to me.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    so happy to hear its not just me!!! it can be 90 degrees out..i still want a sweater...will our bodies readjust over time??
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    so happy to hear its not just me!!! it can be 90 degrees out..i still want a sweater...will our bodies readjust over time??

I guess it depends where in the world you live

In UK we never reach 90 degrees, and if we did we would all be melting

Humans do adjust, which is why we survive in Africa & Alaska
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options

I guess it depends where in the world you live

In UK we never reach 90 degrees, and if we did we would all be melting

Humans do adjust, which is why we survive in Africa & Alaska

Minnesotans wear shorts when it's above freezing in winter (it's 50 degrees warmer than we've gotten used to!!), and sweaters when it's below 70 in summer (20 degrees colder than last week!).