Who's that girl???

Options
I'm not a yo-yo dieter. I don't have that testimony. I'm not a former athlete. I've never even TRIED to lose weight. Not because I didn't want to, but to be honest, I didn't believe it was really possible. To be honest I didn't even realize I had gotten to this point...it's almost like I looked in the mirror one day, or I tried to put on a pair of pants one day...and BAM!! What in the Nutty Professor?!

Have you ever walked by a building with full length glass windows and caught a glimpse of yourself and wondered "WHO is THAT?"? I sure have! Whew! How on earth did THAT happen to me? I could blame it on a toxic family life during my childhood or the murder of my brother when I was 25 or heartbreak...heartbreak always does it...and sure that may have had a huge affect on me...but what difference does it make? Doesn't fix the problem. Only thing that fixes it is by doing something about it.

It's time to get busy, get active and get MOVING. I'm thankful for having my husband on this journey with me. It took me a long time to find him and I want us to have a long life together. Feeding us healthy meals is imperative. My mom recently said a good rule of thumb is to ask yourself "Would I feed that to my child?" and it's true!

I am thankful for your support as I work my butt off between two jobs, hitting the gym 6 times a week and supporting my hubby to do his thing too...all on a diet of 1860 calories! LOL. I'm excited!

Replies

• KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

The super awesome thing is when you work out you have extra calories to consume that day! I love this site and have never dieted either and remember this isn't a diet it's still eating just being aware of the WHAT you are eating :)
  • tater8589
    Options
    Awesome, I'm glad you joined :) Good luck and if you want a new friend feel free to add me :) I have never been one to ACTUALLY diet, however everything is (usually) ok in moderation. I watch my food, but don't deprive myself. Another thing I do to help control cravings and keep my body from entering starvation mode on 1200 cals a day is one day a week I eat whatever I want and don't worry about cals.
  • pittmnjen
    Options
    Hey girl, Welcome! I have to tell you this site is the best thing that has happened to me! Your at the right place. I never tried logging my food and exercise before, but it works! Who knew? lol! Anyway, please feel free to add me as a friend. We are all in this journey together. :smile:
  • MrsUnderwood
    Options
    I'm makin it. This site is awesome! I've never counted calories or logged exercise. In fact I've never worked so hard or been so dedicated at the gym than I have been the last 2 weeks and I'm not giving up!!

Its funny, I joke about only eating 1860 cals but am always under. Myhusband is allowed to eat 2600!!! So unfair!