Does anyone else have a job they hate?

Options
nzs110b
nzs110b Posts: 56 Member
And how do you get through it?

I guess I should qualify this a little bit more. the job function itself is fine, I suppose. It really is the company management that I can not stand. They are a a bunch of idots.

How do you all get through your day/ week/ month???

Replies

• sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Mom always says to me 'Just think moneymoneymoney' and it worked for me until I was at year 3 without a raise and barely making ends meet.
    I quit that job and got a new one that paid better.

I think my BFF hates her current job more than I ever hated any of mine, however. She's always going on about how much she hates it and the stress of it makes her take sick days relatively often.
    However she's getting, like, $16 something an hour so I doubt she'll be quitting that job anytime soon.

Just think 'ka-ching'!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    How do I get threw this nightmare on Earth in my cubical of hell while trying not to breath to death?!

samueladams040110_zps64284c5a.jpg
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I survive by job-hunting and trying to get my resume into the hands of recruiters. I enjoy customer service, but I work for what has to be one of the most defunct companies on the planet ... the pay rate is the only thing that's kept me there this long.

If you have anyone there that you really feel you can trust, get their information and ask if you can use them as a professional reference, and get your resume out there. With the job market the way it is, you won't find anything overnight, so the sooner you get started the better.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Fortunately for me, I love my job.

My advice to you is find a way to make money doing what you love. Then you'll never feel you have a work a day in your life. But if you hate what you do, then there's your issue. Since you seem to don't mind the job so much, it's management, find a similar job with better management, if you can. My last job, I stayed because it was a job, but management was a nightmare. I was there for 7 years. But the pay was decent, and it got me through college. After college, I peaced out of there so fast they were scrambling to try and get me to stay - but I knew now that I had a degree, I could find something better. And I did.

Good luck.
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Isn't that a prerequisite?

No, no, I am just kidding.

But, if you really hate your working condition all that much, maybe a change is not out of place.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Best-Vodka-Brands.jpg
  • jenifr818
    Options
    And how do you get through it?

I guess I should qualify this a little bit more. the job function itself is fine, I suppose. It really is the company management that I can not stand. They are a a bunch of idiots.

How do you all get through your day/ week/ month???

Unfortunately, you're gonna find that everywhere ... those that can't, manage
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Doesn't everyone?

http://virtualnes.com/

Enjoy.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Mom always says to me 'Just think moneymoneymoney' and it worked for me until I was at year 3 without a raise and barely making ends meet.

I think my BFF hates her current job more than I ever hated any of mine, however. She's always going on about how much she hates it and the stress of it makes her take sick days relatively often.
    However she's getting, like, $16 something an hour so I doubt she'll be quitting that job anytime soon.

Just think 'ka-ching'!

This is the only reason I haven't left mine TBH, I love the work and despise one person that I work with directly everyday... they are the micromanage your work and your personal life kind of person :/

I doubt I could easily find another job without waitressing making 30/hr.

I also have been getting though it by playing my video games, getting out with with friends, started dating and focusing on exercise and health.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options

Just think 'ka-ching'!

That's about how much I make and it's quite pitiful, however I love my job and that means so much more in my life than money. I never go home stressed and I never dread getting up and going to work. They treat me well and give me a lot of flexibility as a single mother. They are like family. All of that goes a lot further than a fat paycheck.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I actually like my job and the people and my supervisor! Too bad that we are all slowly being outsourced to persons overseas!

Seriously, probably won't have a job in another 6 months or so.
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    "Oh, you hate your job? There's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY. They meet at the bar every nights after work."-- Drew Carey

The solution is ridiculously simple: change your circumstances. The application of this can take some effort but its one of the only truly worthwhile endeavors.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I retired.
  • jenifr818
    Options
    Doesn't everyone?

http://virtualnes.com/

Enjoy.

I have a flash drive with a ton of emulated games on it, along with the actual emulated consoles. Whenever it gets to be too much, I shut the door, put a sticky note on my door saying "conference call" and ... yeah lol
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    "Oh, you hate your job? There's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY. They meet at the bar every nights after work."-- Drew Carey

The solution is ridiculously simple: change your circumstances. The application of this can take some effort but its one of the only truly worthwhile endeavors.

^^^This...
  • SaltWaterTaffy78
    SaltWaterTaffy78 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    How do I get threw this nightmare on Earth in my cubical of hell while trying not to breath to death?!

samueladams040110_zps64284c5a.jpg

^^^ This!!!

I used to have a job where the company management sucked! A co-worker was suffering mentally and was frequently making comments to all of us how he wanted to kill us and fantasized about the different ways he was gonna do it... I was new there so I didn't pay much attention to him... 9 months later he showed up at my door-step asking me how I'd like to die the next morning. :sick:

I complained to the management, only to receive this answer: "He's suffering a bit but he's a friend of the family and cannot throw him out... I'm sure he won't act on his impulses... just ignore him and all will be well." :huh:

I quit the day after that and reported it to the local labour inspection agency... months later I found out that my previous position was still vacant and I've been only one of the 25 people who were unlucky enough to have actually occupy the job in the span of 2 years!

The man STILL works there! :noway:

I hope your case is not as bad as mine.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mq96cmmXvA1s5hknqo1_500.gif

Used to work for one. Found another job and walked out on him, sent him a ****ty email and told him to fVck off. He had been stealing money for our insurance and aflac premiums and our insurance got cancelled. Found that out when my doctor said my insurance was no longer valid.

He's had to pay a ton of State employment fines and is now out of business.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Just tell myself that I have bills to pay and at my age, jobs are not easy to find. That is the only thing that keeps me sitting at my desk.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Best-Vodka-Brands.jpg

BUDDY!
  • MFPRat
    MFPRat Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Best-Vodka-Brands.jpg

Yep :drinker: