Calories vs. lbs loss per week

Options
Those of you looking to lose 30+ pounds -- what goal setting do you have on your MFP profile? I bumped mine up to 2lbs/week cause I would really like to see some results, but the daily calorie count seems insanely prohibitive (1200 in my case, more if I exercise). Anyone else??

Replies

• wmbrett
    wmbrett Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Mine was mostly at 1200 - 1350 for 6 months while I lost 50 lbs. It was not enough food to satisfy me, and I also like beer - so I exercised at least an hour a day to allow for beer and more food. I usually did not eat back all the calories, and usually had about 300+ to spare per day.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Those of you looking to lose 30+ pounds -- what goal setting do you have on your MFP profile? I bumped mine up to 2lbs/week cause I would really like to see some results, but the daily calorie count seems insanely prohibitive (1200 in my case, more if I exercise). Anyone else??

2 pounds a week is a healthy goal for someone with >75 pounds to lose. "Healthy" weight loss is when you lose mostly fat. When you try to lose weight too quickly, you shed muscle as well.

In the 25 - 40 pound range ..... a 1 pound a week goal is good.
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    As much as I would love to see the scale move downwards as fast as possible....I also like to eat. I aim for 1650 per day and I've lost 30 pounds since September.