Push ups NSV - Almost ....

Options
JenX15
JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
I find that the NSV's sometimes perk up my day more so then the moving scale (slowly moving, grrrr).

Last night as the family was hanging out in the family room my husband randomly asked what was it that I did that night at the gym. I do circuit type classes, full body toning/conditioning. So I asked him if he could do a plank - he proposed a challenge....my 8 year old daughter also joined in .... let me tell you - he could not hold it for longer then 30 seconds ..... hahahahaha..... LOVE the man, but oh man was he pissed. So I figured I'll throw in a couple of push ups, and I DID (could never do them before...still only a couple, but progress nonetheless). The best part - my daughter's eyes, wide open - "MOM, YOU CAN DO PUSHUPS????". Awesome feeling when your kids take notice and want to participate :)

ROCK ON MFP'ers!!!!!! CHEERS TO US!!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Awesome :flowerforyou:
  • watercolorarteest
    watercolorarteest Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I tease my husband about joining me in my bootcamp classes. With a smirky smile he makes up (intentionally) lame excuses not to go but loves that I'm doing them. I myself have enjoyed showing my progress to my husband. Up until recently I had been doing assisted mountain climbers in class, but the last two classes I've done the straight mountain climbers (unassisted) and to me that is progress (albeit small). I love the Success Stories board for posts like yours. It so helps me stay motivated!
  • srankara2004
    srankara2004 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    YEAH! Huge Accomplishment! :)
  • shafikes
    shafikes Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You go girl. Show them how it is done!
  • Laurayinz
    Laurayinz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    BAM! That IS awesome. :drinker:
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    fblogin-300x261.png
  • allymacary
    allymacary Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic, you are setting a wonderful example for your daughter!
  • crisbabe81
    crisbabe81 Posts: 170
    Options
    Babe, you are rocking it!!! That is an amazing NSV!!
  • JenX15
    JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! One of my goals is to be able to do pushups. I've never had the upper body muscle mass to do them (at least with good form). Almost two weeks ago I started doing the plank for 30 seconds, figuring when I get to 1 minute I'd start working on pushups. Today I did 60 seconds -- twice! And while I was really breathing hard by the end, it was no harder than when I started 12 days ago. Tomorrow I'm lifting weights, but I guess next week I'll venture to try a real pushup?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!