new and anxious!

Options
Hi all,
I'm new, i so want to lose some weight, but i find motivation soooo hard and comfort eating and to top it off i'm a veggie so diet plans dont seem to fit and i live alone so easier to eat convenient foods...
anyway, I hope here will help me !

hope to get to know you and the board!

K x

Replies

• kathleenpenrod
    kathleenpenrod Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    welcome! i'll be your supporter if you be mine! i just joined also. i have already lost four pounds! i L-O-V-E this site. it makes visualizing what all your activities and food is worth so instant and easy! good luck in your weight loss journey!
  • ladiaz1106
    Options
    This site is awesome! I'm sure you will love it. It really puts things into perspective and really takes a lot of the thinking out of the dieting. The hardest part is staying away from the things that are not good for you (such as doughnuts)! But even in the situation that you do get confronted with eating something you shoudn't, just log on and ask for help to get past the temtptation. You will get a lot of help! Good Luck!
  • reggiekate
    reggiekate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thanks chicks, that makes me feel better! good idea to log on when i have the urrgggggeeee for bad food!!
  • kandi007
    Options
    im kind os in the same boat as you..became a veggie about a month ago, live alone, highly tempted by things i know i shouldnt have..so here are some tips that helped me

1. remove all bad food from your house..if its not there you wont eat it
    2. cook in advance- i found one of my problems was when i had a long day that would require me to run around i could pick up not so healthy food on the go. Now, i cook for the week on my day off, pack it up in tubberware so when I know I have a busy day I have everything I need
    3. and this could be the most important- know its ok to slip up!! the skinnest people eat things that people who are trying to loose weight think in horriable ie; doughnuts. its ok to eat one every now and then, just know that you will have to adjust your eaating for the rest of the day, and make sure you work out. last week i had 3 brownies (400 calories each!) and i still lost a pound. its better to cheat then to be miseable all day because you didnt eat what you wanted to.
    4. dont consider this a diet- concider it a serious change to your lifestyle. you will find over time that its second nature to drink 8 glasses of water a day, or to skip over the cookie and eat fruit instead.

good luck, just stay focused and you will be fine!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything Kandi said. What's important to remember is you are not dieting, you are eating. The only difference is you are actually paying attention to what you eat. Do this and you will manage. Slow and steady wins this race. The pounds will come off and stay off. If you doubt that (like I have been doing all day) go look at the success stories :)

Welcome aboard!
  • kandi007
    Options
    o ok..i just wanted to fix tubberware to tupperware! i was half sleep when i posted!