RASPBERRY KETONE - MYTH???

Options
I am struggling to stay motivated trying to tone up, and have been reading a lot about raspberry ketones and a lot of success stories...

Has anyone tried these? do they work?

I feel if I had a supplement like this I would be more motivated to eat better and exercise more. But that's the problem... are the success stories true but only because people are eating better and exercising more to get results whilst on the tablet, and the exercise and healthy diet is actually what is making them lose weight not the tablets themselves? Sorry that is really wordy but you get the idea!

Would be great to have some feedback or experiences, going on holiday in a month so need a quick decision!

:)

Replies

• highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Yep, it's a myth. I have a fat friend who takes them but changed nothing about how she ate. She's still just as fat.
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Well you're only going to get one answer.

There are no pills, powders, or skin lotions that will help you lose weight any faster or tone up better.

You would seriously get the same result if you pretended to sprinkle fairy dust into your water bottle before you went to the gym.
  • kayleighmc123
    Options
    Is it not true that they supress your appetite and speed up metabolism which makes you lose weight?
  • stephaniefury
    stephaniefury Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I take them after my biggest meal of the day. Although I completely agree that there are no magical pills that make you lose weight, I find that physically taking it makes me make better food and exercise choices for the day. I haven't noticed anything else accept maybe a slight decrease in appetite. It is all down to personal preference I guess, but I would say they have helped me a little :)
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Is it not true that they supress your appetite and speed up metabolism which makes you lose weight?

No.

There are some natural appetite suppressants, like coffee and tea, but even they have their limits. The only way to get a true appetite suppressant is prescription from your doctor, and they stop working after a few months.

There are no pills that "speed" your metabolism up. Your metabolism is always working.

There is also no perfect meal timing to speed your metabolism and eating at night doesn't make your food turn right into fat.

If you want to burn more calories just existing, you need to build muscle mass.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

No. And the success stories you read are fake. Good reviews? Fake. People who come on the forum with one post, raving about them? Fake.
  • HacheraTsarine
    HacheraTsarine Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You MIGHT want to use the Search functionnality on message boards, type "raspberry ketone" and just realize that most MFP peeps will tell you it's a scam.

I think this is the third Raspberry Ketone thread today.

What happened? They're giving out free Jimmy Choo's when you buy a bottle of RK or what?
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Snake oil. Getting in Ketosis is great, but consuming Ketones isn't the same... Dr. Oz will pitch anything for a buck!
  • IAmReady2LoseITAllNow
    Options
    but wait is dr oz a real doctor?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options

not anymore
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

Yes he is/was, but even real doctors will promote products that don't work if they're paid enough. It's called "being shady". :laugh:
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Yes he is/was, but even real doctors will promote products that don't work if they're paid enough. It's called "being shady". :laugh:

There is a lot of money for doctors to promote things they know nothing about! Think of those real old cigarette ads with the doctors in it ;) Happened for years, and will always continue.
  • ohbsan
    ohbsan Posts: 1
    Options
    It didn't work for me and I took it religiously for 4 months. I also took Green Coffee Beans which didn't do anything either. The one thing that definitely helped reduce my belly fat was Garcinia Cambogia, it didn't help with suppressing my appetite but it did help reduce my belly fat. The best appetite suppressant that worked for me was drinking 2 tablespoons of ground chia seeds with half a cup of water right after a meal. Good luck.