sore arms, to work out or not

Options
I did an arm workout on Wednesday. I really overdid. This isn't a regular sore, it hurts to straighten my arm out. I have been stretching, but that is it. Should I try to do a light workout, or wait until it doesn't hurt. I did take an Advil, that is not helping.

Replies

• RAGGEDYANN1970
    RAGGEDYANN1970 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    i injured my back (slightly) when lifting a few weeks ago. then about 2 days later, i got into a minor car collision. my back was really hurting. i stopped lifting for 7 days, took advil and used heating pad, ice, etc. and after a week, i felt great. i am back to lifting again. if it's a true injury, my vote is let it rest. soreness is very different than pain.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Its usually a good idea to wait if you are sore. You want at least one day between the workouts on the same muscle. The muscle actually strengthens during the time between workouts.
  • caber_tosser
    caber_tosser Posts: 105
    Options
    Definitely wait a day..but letting you know now, the second day is always worse then the first day after. Keep stretching.
  • tigerlily886
    tigerlily886 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Definitely wait a day..but letting you know now, the second day is always worse then the first day after. Keep stretching.

I thought it was just me. It does hurt a little worse.
  • tigerlily886
    tigerlily886 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My husband was telling me to workout so I could do more next time. There is a difference between being sore and a pulled muscle. My legs are sore, but I can do leg exercises. I do not want to damage my arm muscles.