MY BOYFRIEND IS ON BOARD!!!

Options
MeIShouldB
MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
Recently I posted a status about being desperate to get my boyfriend on the healthy wagon. He got 3 job offers, but couldn't manage to pass the blood pressure screening for the one he really wanted. I always say that no matter how many people tell a person they need to lose weight, something has to happen that makes THEM decide they are ready. IT HAPPENED, AND IT DIDN'T INVOLVE A HOSPITAL. The first time they checked his BP is was really high, then he went back, still high, then he went to the doctor, high and they put him on medicine. Then he called me for advice about his diet. Ever since, he has been eating alot of FRESH food, fish, turkey, and fresh veggies. When he has to eat on the go, he makes thoughtful choices about what to get. The other day he came home with a bag of fresh spinach and some turkey bacon. I have been cooking healthy for him and guess what...he LOVES IT and one of his coworkers told him he is jealous because his lunch has been smelling so good (why thank you). Even better, he has stopped using "I'm too tired to cook" as an excuse to eat badly. He cooks healthy when I'm not there to do it and freezes things for later. He lost 10 pounds and said to me "wow, I wanna see how far I can go". His weightloss is visible, but that's not the big deal for me. I love him regardless, I just care about him being healthy. I'm so proud of this turn he has taken. Today he finally passed the physical for that job, and it's his. He was embarrassed about having to do the physical so many times. I told him I think it was a good thing, because it made him recognize what needed to change and he's doing it....ooopps I'm getting misty over here.

Replies

• jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Good luck to you both, it'll be great to have a partner with you while on this journey :)
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thats is so great :):) . I am so glad he got the job in the end. We all need that one thing to push us to strive for better.
  • Dollfun1
    Dollfun1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Way cool and congrats to the job! It sounds like this job was a put in his path for many reasons. Wish you both the best.

Christine
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yay for your boyfriend!!! that is so awesome!!!

I can see you two doing great things together!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!