Need Help with Japanese food

Options
I LOVE Japanese...especially Hibachi grill. This had led to 2 problems.

1st...I can't find the nutritional info on the websites of ANY of the local restaurants and therefore have no idea if the database item I am picking is correct or not....

2nd...I'm picking one that seems to be "average" in the number of calories and it is KILLING my daily totals. Tonight, I did somewhat better ordering off the menu and having Sushi instead of Gyosa, steamed rice instead of fried, and I am STILL 500+ calories over after exercise at the end of the day.

I can't be the only Japanese food lover out here..... HELP!!!!

Replies

• timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD I LOVE JAPANESE FOOD (Hibachi--don't care much for sushi)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are not alone.....we LOVE it and I try not to have it more than 2 -3 times a month....but when I do, I usually eat what I want but don't ask for any extra sauce and I figure that is my treat because I am NEVER going to give it up......just not going to have it 2-3 times a week.. We have 2 really good ones around here, Benihana and Ichiban (YUMMO, getting hungry just talking about it)....and Benihana is in the MFP database so I just use it whenever I eat Japanese and call it close enough.........
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I love Japanese but it's def a splurge all the sodium and calories. a shrimp tempura roll for 1 is 250 I believe. I love the steak/shrimp with veggies. and Shrimp sauce is insane calories.
    Everytime I eat it I get so bloated from the sodium but it's sooooooo gooooooood!!
  • Netta2015
    Netta2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've got the same issue, just had Hibachi tonight as a matter of fact! Delicious!!!!:tongue: But my local Hibachi is Sake Express and i can't find nutrition info anywhere and i'm not sure the options in MFP are close enough...hope someone has a good solution.