221 lbs-167 lbs my Progress

Options
Amadbro
Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
Hello everyone, first time poster here but a MFP vet.

A little about me: I decided to change my life on February 16th, 2013. My fiance and I were killing time at a local Walmart and we both decided to check our blood pressure. To my surprise it showed me in the Hypertension Stage. So here I was 29 years old, 221 lbs, with high blood pressure. Tying my shoes even proved to be an exhausting task. I was in a sad state to say the least.

So after this big wake up call I began researching and developing a nutrition plan. I cleaned my cabinets out of all refined sugars, simple carbohydrates/sugars, and it started. I signed up with a local Golds Gym and before you know it, I was a regular member. I managed to drop 10 lbs the first month and plateaued at 212 lbs. I continued researching and came across the Leangains/IF guide to nutrition and applied it. I began strength training on mon/weds/fri with HIIT cardio on tues/thurs. I learned how to cycle complex carbohydrates and calories and the next thing you know I was breaking plateau after plateau (4 total). I am happy to say that in the last 5 1/2 months I have completely changed not only my body, going from 221 lbs 27% body fat to a current 167 lbs 14-15% bodyfat and working my way to sub 10%, but have also developed a strong understanding of exercise and nutrition.

During my journey MFP has been and continues to be a necessary tool in tracking calories and macro nutrients.

To anyone just starting or who has hit a plateau, DON'T GIVE UP. Keep going and you will get what you want. It's all about consistency. Continue to educate yourself about proper nutrition and exercise not only for you but for your wife, children and because you only get one body. Treat it like the temple it is.

Good luck and congratulations on your progress thus far!
http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/redwebpk/story/81313
Below are photos of my progress. Enjoy!

mefat1_zps57126036.jpg?t=1374872316
DSCN0460_zpsc37a7605.jpg?t=1374872352
DSCN0459_zps96ac5fa8.jpg?t=1374872351
mefat3_zps2038609d.png?t=1374872321
172_zps54f9eee9.jpg?t=1374872334
167_zpsb53b4af7.jpg?t=1374872608

Replies

• Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Fantastc job bro, in such a short time too! WELL DONE! Very inspirational. I'm going to request to add you sir!
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Nice job! You look fantastic. I love before and after's, they are my favorite posts.
  • jrompola
    jrompola Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congrats man...sounds similar to me. I went from 220 to 167 in a similar amount of time. Bet you feel amazing!
  • Amadbro
    Options
    I feel like a feather
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Awesome work you've done!! You look Great!!! :flowerforyou:
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Incredible work.

How tall are you? 5'10" ish?
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing progress.. You look great. Keep it up :)
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Killer job congrats on all the hard work it is sure paying off.:flowerforyou:
  • Amadbro
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the kind words..Haroon you were close..I'm 5'9
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!