New, Nervous and needing motivation/support!

Options
I have battled my weight off and on most all of my adult life, but since turning 50 it has been a constant uphill battle! I am a new grandma and want to be thin again and able to keep up with him! This site looks amazing and am so grateful my friend shared it with me. I don't feel like I am going at this alone!

Replies

• AmBeRBoWeRs
    Options
    im new too...i know what you mean with battle.. im 18 and i dont want to battle anymore with this i cant wait to start this tomarrow im so happy this is here..my boyfriend keeps dropping pounds and i asked him how and he said this helps him and i am tierd of being bigger then my boyfriend and my friends im up for this change and i know you can do this too its just a simple thing burn more then you eat we got this...
  • midmomike2
    Options
    Welcome! YOU CAN DO IT! Ihad lost most of my weight before joining but this site is great help in keeping myself in check.
  • kelseysmommy
    Options
    Welcome! I was a BIG skeptic when my sister recommended the site but it is so addictive and it motivates me to exercise because I like to be able to log it. It is definitely a great source of support!

It's easy to become obsessed but I love how easy it is to log what I eat and I think that writing it down makes me more accountable and it helps me with portion control because I am actually learning what a portion is!

Enjoy and Welcome! Love your signature line!
  • Dawn_2013
    Options
    Well we are here for you! :flowerforyou: One overarching theme on this site seems to be awareness. I know it is true for me...my lack of awareness has let to weight gain. 40 lbs! (I am down 10 though :drinker: ) When I actually logged in calories in the food diary for choices I thought were healthy I was so shocked! Also the volume, and the snacking that added up bigtime. My snacks often held the calories of a full meal! Don't even ask about the meals! Just try adding in meals to see what an average meal you eat takes up in calories...and you have to be honest with youself...add everything and the volume...all those extra bites :sad:

Anyway, this site is great, and you can do this. There are amazing encouraging people who will give you great tips and cheer you on! They will also show you alternatives and be there 24/7.

Welcome aboard!:bigsmile:
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    im new too...i know what you mean with battle.. im 18 and i dont want to battle anymore with this i cant wait to start this tomarrow im so happy this is here..my boyfriend keeps dropping pounds and i asked him how and he said this helps him and i am tierd of being bigger then my boyfriend and my friends im up for this change and i know you can do this too its just a simple thing burn more then you eat we got this...

I know how you feel about being bigger than the people around you. I hate feeling like I am the ugly friend every time I go out with them. That is one of the reasons I want to change, no matter now shallow that sounds.
  • Jillid71
    Jillid71 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You are going to do great! This site is fabulous!!