Diary Advice

Wondering if someone could take a look at my diary and steer me in the right direction. Ive been stalled for a week and cannot lose anything! HELP

(Ignore yesterdays carb intake...totally not normal) :)

Replies

• astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    how much are you trying to lose over all. it looks like you're set up for two pounds a week.. unless you're really heavy that's too much. going back just a couple days you're also eating under your calorie goals. are you exercising too? if you eat too little and exercise then your body might start holding on to all the calories it gets.. I am guessing you don't have a lot to lose from your introduction. you should only try for half a pound a week and eat your daily ration so your body doesn't go into shut down.

I was reading last night about calorie restrictions even for shorter women because my daily goal of 1200 calories seems high to me. I would like to lose 2 pounds a week because I have a long way to go but It will only calculate to 1.3 pounds a week for me.

it seemed like something was broken.. the purpose for having a lower limit of 1200 calories a day is because you won't get your daily nutrients from less than that and that can be dangerous and lead to various other health problems.

the thing I notice about your diary is a lot of sugary items and fake sugar items. the fake sugar items save you a calorie but your body reads them as actual sugar and sets you up for more cravings for sugar.

I'd replace those with high quality whole foods, Whole grains, nothing processed lots of veggies. I am guessing if you go up to your rations you'll have room for a treat a day. You do want to be sure you're getting your daily nutrients.
    You didn't gain the weight over night. it's not going to come off that way either.

Whoops it's right there. for some reason I didn't notice the graph. I'd go with a pound a week for 27 pounds.
  • allieshaw
    allieshaw Posts: 55 Member
    Well, I have a total of 25 to lose to be at my goal weight. I am currently 175 and would like to get to 150.
  • ADixie4You2Know
    ADixie4You2Know Posts: 47 Member
    I agree. You are not eating enough! Dont be scared to up your calories. I was at a stall...upped my calories by 300 more a day and dropped 4 lbs the following week.
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Just on a a quick look... cut your carbs down, but increase your calories a few hundred. Give that a couple of weeks.