Challenge Group?

Options
I am down about 20 pounds and losing motivation. I need a challenge group. Where can I find an active challenge group of people with anywhere from 30-50 pounds to lose?

Replies

• Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you'll find one...but if you would like to friend me - I run challenges that typically run 10-12 weeks long - They are groups of teams and they are Elimination Challenges put up each week (with side challenges for eliminated people to continue on if they wish). Has proved to be a pretty good motivator for some...usually about 50-80 start the challenge with eliminations each week to get the one winner (and the top 8 or 10). I'm always looking for new people to join...but I am on hyatis for the summer - as its been a crazy summer for me and the challenges take a lot of time. I'm hoping to start another one towards the end of August or 1st of Sept - if you find you are still looking around that time and want to friend me - just keep an eye on my wall for news of it. And I have links to past challenges if you want to check some out to see what its like.

Otherwise...I wish you luck in your journey and finding that perfect fit of a challenge to help keep you motivated!! Have a Great Summer!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I know of a few. They are more based on activities and goals. If interested message me and I can send you some links
  • drphyl13
    drphyl13 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just joined MyFitness this week and I also just joined dietbet.com this week to remain motivated (I have 75 pounds to lose). On dietbet.com, you join a weight loss challenge by contributing to a pot (you can join any of them that are open) and you are challenged to lose 4% of your body weight to be considered a winner. Everybody wins a portion of the winnings if you hit your 4% target. The challenges last 4 weeks each. I paid my $25 for one of them and I have to lose 4% by August 19th. That should be doable. If you do not hit your 4%, you do not get a part of the pot winnings. THere are no limits to how many of these challenges you do - you can only do 1 at a time. But every month there are a number of them that have some sort of challenge. I say check it out. I would love it if we could get a couple of folks to join in on a Myfitnesspal dietbet group - it would be great motivation for all of us. We'll see how it goes after I complete my first one just to be sure :)

Hope this helps. I am open to challenges that work for how I workout - walk away the pounds, kickboxing boot camp, kettlebells, Zumba, wii dance games, wii fit - open to challenges that work within my regimen. Or even things we can do at home on our own like so many pushups, situps, jumping jacks, etc.
  • drphyl13
    drphyl13 Posts: 4
    Options
    And by the way, great job dropping 20 pounds.... I hope to be where you are soon :)
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I would love to see what your challenges entail and then decide if I'd like to join or not...
  • Coach_Simon
    Coach_Simon Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've created a group yesterday with a lot of supportive, inspirational and motivational people.

This is a blog post about a group I've created. It's a group for all the champions who need some inspiration and motivation to keep on going down this road. We are all on the same wagon, helping each other to stay dedicated and committed to what we do best - succeed! All for one and one for all, for we truly know what it means to fight for what we believe in!

It is meant to be a place where you can come to if you need somebody to lift you up - a place where you will find inspirational and motivational people.

I hope to see many new faces there and am looking forward to getting to know some of you!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/15552-infinite-ambitious-possibilities