Another newbie :) from Scotland

Options
Hola everyone, been using the app for 3 weeks after a PT recommended it to me, now finally delving into the forums.

Decided to see a personal trainer after taking 2 months off the gym and leaving myself just under 10 weeks to get in shape for holiday. Since starting PT & using the app (which was an eye opener!) I've lost just over a stone in those 3 weeks. Hoping to get a 6 pack for the first time in my life weeks before I turn 31. (and in time for the holiday!)

I know it's vain, shallow and all that but I want to prove to myself I can do it. Anyway, apologies for rambling, nice to meet you all :)

Replies

• Benzo500
    Benzo500 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome brother! I'm hoping to get my six pack before i hit 38 in 5 months! =O Add me if you'd like and good luck!!!
  • Freshstart132
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :drinker: awesome good luck on your journey!
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Canadian born but Scottish raised.. lived in the Kingdom of Fife for my childhood.. parents Scottish etc..

welcome and hope you enjoy your time here.. great site with wonderful people and great inspriration
  • kakiem
    kakiem Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I live in Glasgow, feel free to add me. Same to everyone else!
  • bajashooter1
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision ..I would advise not eating too much haggis,lol. Personally I am an older guy who has lost 50 lbs and only has 100 pounds to go. I will end up between 180 and 200 lbs. I work out 7 days a week. As you can see I have alot more work to do than you young guys. Do you have any hint of a 6pac? if you are successful I would like to know what exercise you find the most useful. The eating pattern set up here will help you immensely . Good luck in getting fit for your holiday.
  • bajashooter1
    Options
    Sweet tats. I have some but nothing in the same league as you.
  • hockeymomchicago
    hockeymomchicago Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm not from Scotland (Chicago girl here) but wanted to say Welcome! and also good luck to you. If you need any friends for encouragement feel free to add me.