Anyone doing Ripped in 30 or have done it?

Options
Hey, I am starting ripped in 30 today! I tried to do it in the past and never got further than 4 days because I had 0 stamina and honestly was not motivated. Ready to try again! Anyone else doing it? Maybe we can keep each other on track? Also, any idea how many cals one might burn? Probably can't tell because it depends on how heavy your weights are and if you use the modified movements. Just hoping someone could give me a rough estimate.

Replies

• amurr819
    amurr819 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am doing Ripped in 30. On week 3 right now...boy is it kicking my butt. I do love it though. I have always logged it is as a general circuit as that is what I was told to do. I am planning on getting a fitbit, so I will be able to tell how many cals it burns for sure.
  • ADixie4You2Know
    ADixie4You2Know Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The fit bit dosnt really work that way. I have a fit bit and a polar ft7 heartrate monitor. The fit bit pretty much just tracks steps and stairs climbed. You will want a hrm to get your actual burn during exercise. :smile:
  • brit_chick
    brit_chick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am starting on Monday! Super excited to see some results, hopefully!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    It's so hard for me to do the same video over and over and over again. So I generally rotate through all of my fitness videos - TurboFire, Ripped in 30, Shed and Shred, P90x, Insanity... keeps me from wanting to kill myself after hearing the same damn thing over and over again. Seems to work though. :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i have done it twice. i burn between 180-220 cals. i used 3-8 lbs....
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I will be starting on Monday myself. Try and get a heart rate monitor they are good for tracking calories burned. I got a Polar ft 4 on amazon.com for a good price. Good luck to you and hope it goes well.:flowerforyou:
  • fghtffyrDEMONS
    fghtffyrDEMONS Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Finished 30DS on Wednesday! Starting up Ripped In 30 on Monday along with continuing the C25K plan.
  • KtAnne388
    KtAnne388 Posts: 30
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! seems like many of you are beginning monday! I want a HRM like suggested but i don't have an extra 60$ to spend right now so I guess I will just log it in some other way. I hope everyone sticks to it! I hate doing tapes at home but it would be interesting to see how we all do and our results if we start monday!
  • alexandriapatton
    alexandriapatton Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am starting ripped in 30 today! I tried to do it in the past and never got further than 4 days because I had 0 stamina and honestly was not motivated. Ready to try again! Anyone else doing it? Maybe we can keep each other on track? Also, any idea how many cals one might burn? Probably can't tell because it depends on how heavy your weights are and if you use the modified movements. Just hoping someone could give me a rough estimate.

Hi, I just started mine today. I heard that people track it as circuit training on MFP, other than that I got a tip to purchase a calorie counter watch type thing. :)
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I am starting today
  • avaviasantos
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm on Day 4 of Ripped in 30. Just wondering, what's the ideal amount of hand weights? I'm using 2lbs cos I don't have a set, I'd really like to step it up! Also? Do we have any support groups for Ripped in 30 or weight loss in general here on MFP? I'm kinda new to this and just jumpstarted a lifestyle change. Hoping for feedback! Thanks!
  • futurereporter88
    futurereporter88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would say the ideal weight of handweights would be what you can handle. Personally I use 5 lbs for the light weight and 8 lbs for the heavy weight in the Ripped in 30 video.

Today was my 1st day of ripped in 30, although I've done lots of 30 day shred.

I used my heart rate monitor and burned 165 calories in 35 minutes. I am 5'2" 132 lbs, by the way.

I looked up Ripped in 30 in the Group section and found a couple, although the start date is way outdated. Could be current users in the group though. I'm not sure.

Good luck, everyone!
  • khgraves
    khgraves Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    There's 2 support groups I'm aware of -Jillian Michael Workouts and JILLIAN MiCHAELS WORKOUT GROUP. Somehow I joined both! There's people on each doing Ripped in 30 and other JM workouts