Reached Calorie Limit, Still Hungry

Options
nabarnes
nabarnes Posts: 17 Member
So I've reached my calorie goal for the day, but I'm still hungry! I'm really wanting to continue my weight loss progress, so do y'all think it's best to just quit eating for the day or is it okay to eat until I feel satisfied?

Replies

• Determined518
    Determined518 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well it's ok to up your calories a little bit. What is your Goal? Try to eat something low cal like raw veggies and big out on them. :)
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Don't over think this.
    Have a glass of water to be sure you are hungry and not thirsty first, but if you are hungry, eat.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Depends how much you're eating already, how much you ate the last few days etc.
  • nabarnes
    Options
    My goal weight is 130. My calorie goal for each day is 1350 net.
  • sorcha1977
    sorcha1977 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's your weekly average that counts. If you're truly hungry, eat something, and then exercise a little bit more or eat a little less tomorrow. I always end up under my calories on Thursdays because I swim for an hour, so I get to overeat a little on Fridays to make up for it. It all balances out.
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I took a look at your diary today. You did really well with your protein and fiber, so I don't think you're hungry because of that. What's your height and weight? Did you exercise today?

Also, if you are hungry, eat and log it. Pay the most attention to total calorie intake over the entire week, not just per day - if you still log a deficit, you're doing just fine.
  • Determined518
    Determined518 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Being hungry is never going to help you lose weight. It makes you hate watching what you eat. lol. Trying to look up recipes for low calorie, filling foods. If you go a over one day, it's not the end of the world. It's all about learning from it.
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Story of my life.

I usually try to just go to sleep when that happens. It gets pretty weird when I hit this point at 4pm... I am very well rested.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I think your deficit may be bigger than you think it is. Some days eating at maintenance is fine. Your body doesn't have an exact hunger schedule. It will be hungrier some days and not as hungry other days. You will be less miserable if you allow yourself to eat "within a reasonable amount" of your goal than try to nail it on the head exactly
  • nabarnes
    Options
    How do I see my weekly calorie total on MFP? Also, can someone tell me exactly how to calculate my calorie deficit? I think I have an idea of how to do it, but I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly.
  • jigenigma
    jigenigma Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I would go for a power walk (to "earn" some more calories for the day) and then have some water and see if I am still hungry 20 minutes later. If so, have some crunchy veggies (salad?). Also, I agree with someone else's post--what really matters is your calories in and burned for the week, not necessarily 1 day. Good luck!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you're actually hungry, eat a little something.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    So I've reached my calorie goal for the day, but I'm still hungry! I'm really wanting to continue my weight loss progress, so do y'all think it's best to just quit eating for the day or is it okay to eat until I feel satisfied?

You have been under so many times this week you can afford a small snack. Pickels have no calories but lots of sodium. Ot drunk some more water. Your log looks great and you are doing fine. Last thing you want is to feel hungry and end up binging just because. A healthy snack and a tall false of water and you will be golden.
  • engurney
    engurney Posts: 2
    Options
    Veggies are okay.
  • nabarnes
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm going to drink some more water, maybe have a cup of tea, and wait it out and see if I'm still hungry.
  • gina145
    gina145 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    :happy: I thought 830 was early. Have a good weekend.
  • gina145
    gina145 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Story of my life.

I usually try to just go to sleep when that happens. It gets pretty weird when I hit this point at 4pm... I am very well rested.
    July 26, 2013 6:09 pm

happy I thought 830 was early. Have a good weekend.
  • QueenWino
    QueenWino Posts: 106
    Options
    Some times of the month make you hungrier. If you don't have an eating disorder, eat something filling that you like. Granted, I'm an obese person talking, but unless you have a messed up compass, your body is wise and might be letting you know it needs more food today. (Also, I am this weight because of lavish meals, ridiculous amounts of time spent in restaurants, and placebo comfort eating due to stress, emotions, depression, etc, not from a true 'hunger'.) Also, you should note in your food diary that you felt unsatisfied; the combination of foods maybe wasn't the best for you or if it is hormones, going back through your journals each month can clue you into that and give you a little heads up.
  • nabarnes
    Options
    That's super helpful. I forget to make notes in my diary.