Lets talk Oly lifting shoes...

Options
I never thought I would need a pair. I mean, I do crossfit so its not like my workouts consist entirely of lifts. But I've noticed the last two weeks that while lifting my heels start hurting and go numb. I know part of the problem is I have REALLY flat/wide feet (read flinstone feet) but I'm wondering if weightlifting shoes would help remedy this problem, somewhat.

So those that have lifting shoes, can you tell me pros and cons? Do you know of a place where I can buy used for cheap(er). I'm having price sticker shock...

thanks!!

Replies

• alexandraleaden
    Options
    I think Sara - Sarauk2sf - would be good for answering this. :)
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    If you are having pain, have you considered other sources than just your shoes?

With that said, I have a pair for squatting and ohp. I like them.
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I just ordered these for similar reasons. You might want to read the reviews and see what you think. In case the link doesn't work, it's the reebok crossfit lifter shoe.

http://shop.reebok.com/us/women-s/_/N-u3Z1z11zrf?cm_mmc=RbkSEM_google_ecom-_-CrossFit+-+Product+-+Shoes-_-CrossFit+Oly+Lifter+-+General-_-Reebok&cm_mmca1=US&cm_mmca2=e&searchTerm=oly+lifter&static=true
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I considered the possibility of it being the result of something else. But it ONLY happens when lifting heavy/heavier and nothing else hurts. It also stops a few seconds after I'm done lifting so I think the culprit is all my weight is going to my heels. My flat feet do not like it lol.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Can't your Crossfit trainers recommend some shoes? My son wears a pair of Reebok Crossfits -- that is what they are called. They are sturdy and have a low heel.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    umm, well im sure they could recommend some shoes, Just wanted to ask here so I could hear others experiences.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I considered the possibility of it being the result of something else. But it ONLY happens when lifting heavy/heavier and nothing else hurts. It also stops a few seconds after I'm done lifting so I think the culprit is all my weight is going to my heels. My flat feet do not like it lol.

I had knee issues. Only bothered me when I squatted. When I was done squatting, pain would go away. It wasn't the shoes i was wearing, but other muscle issues causing pressure on my knee.