Eating and vacations

Options
QueenE_
QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
How is your food diet when you go out of town or on a vacation??

That was a flop. I purposely didn't sign in the last two weeks because we decided to go out of town. While I did make healthier restaurant food choices it still made my body feel like *kitten* after a few days. I'm so glad to be home and getting into my routine again. Surprisingly I lost two pounds since the last time I weighed myself.

I think the next time we plan on a trip we will go to the beach and rent a beach house and prepare our meals..

Replies

• sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I was recently at an all inclusive resort in Jamaica with food served 24/7. We made smart choices of yummy proteins, veggies, and salads and limited the sweets a lot. When we needed a snack we watched our portions. (well, we watched them at meals too of course)

We had a lot of sex. A LOT. I didn't gain a pound. :drinker:
  • zrjp9
    zrjp9 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You should enjoy vacation especially if its only once or twice a year. Dont go crazy, but do what you did. Make decent choices and have a good time. It is vacation. Enjoy!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    How is your food diet when you go out of town or on a vacation??

Going on vacation in two weeks, and I'm sure it's going to be terrible.
    I think the next time we plan on a trip we will go to the beach and rent a beach house and prepare our meals..

That's what we're doing.......still going to be terrible. I won't even have to make the trek back to the condo to make another cocktail.
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    One big thing that has helped me was realizing, it's not always about losing weight. Sometimes it is about not gaining weight. Whenever I go on vacation, I switch my goal to either .5 pound loss per week, or maintenance. Then, I still log my food, no matter what. Some days I blow it, some days I sneak in some exercise, but over all I don't gain. After constantly eating to lose weight, you'd be amazed at how just eating to maintain still feels like decadence, and how it is still possible to enjoy vacation while doing it. I also try to plan a head, if I know I will be drinking later, I try to make better food choices.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I endorse eating on vacation, especially long ones
  • skinnysushicat
    skinnysushicat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm leaving for a weeks holiday tomorrow - DETERMINED not to put on the 6lb I just lost!
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you're on vacation. You should eat as much or as little as you want. That's the whole point of going on a vacation is to try new foods. Certainly won't hurt you.