Anyone's "problem" their stomach??

Options
Basically I have been on my "journey" since the ending of January and have since went from 281 down to 186. Have went from a dd bra to room in a c, 3x to xl in shirts and from a 26 in jeans to a 16/18 depending on cut and style. So I've done pretty decently. I'm just getting frustrated because I feel like I'm loosing weight everywhere besides my main "problem" area which is my stomach. If you look trough my diaries I admit I do not eat much and I have been told that I need to eat more and that fact could be part of my problem however other people have told me that the whole starvation mode thing isn't true and our bodies storing fat isn't true. I just basically want to know if anyone has any tips. In the past I have not really exercised because I'm lazy and lack the motivation to get out of bed and do it and have no problem admitting it. If anyone who is still on their way or is just maintaining and could share some tips I'd greatly appreciate it!

Replies

• TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Okay. I don't really have anything useful to add to your post, but read all you've accomplished and though DAAAANNNNGGGGG. Someone needs to get a high five here. So here's my "high five". :flowerforyou:
  • seraphinelle
    seraphinelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss so far.

They say the stomach is about 80% nutrition and 20% fitness. And for many people the last thing to go. Keep up with your weight loss journey.

(I'm a person that would suggest perhaps eating more if you're always below a comfortable calorie target)
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far! What do you drink throughout the day? Do you get enough water as I've heard that helps also cutting soda is also said to help.

Really you need to do some sort of exercise to stay strong and ensure you don't lose lots of muscle mass rather than fat. There must be some form of exercise you enjoy? Walking? Dancing? Skating? You just need to move, you don't necessarily have to follow a program if you're not ready yet.
  • Mom2Lizzy
    Mom2Lizzy Posts: 23
    Options
    Yes. My primary problem is my stomach, but I know that in order to have a perfect body, I'd need to exercise hours each day. It takes work for most people to look really good.

I checked your diary and it is disturbing. Why aren't you eating more? How do you expect to have energy eating that little? You need to exercise to tone up your muscles. You should lift weights to build muscle. You should eat MORE!!! You seem to make good choices, just make sure you are eating at least 1200 calories a day. You will still lose weight. This is something you should be doing for LIFE. There are no quick fixes that are healthy. Unless you are under a doctor's supervision, I would not recommend you continue eating like an anorexic.
  • RockinJanie86
    Options
    That's my major problem. I've got the 'humpty dumpty' body. Fairly thin legs, extra large midsection, arms aren't horrible but need work. I've lost about 80lbs but I still have the same shape. I used to be lazy, who am I kidding I'm STILL lazy but I've been forcing myself to workout. I just got done with week 2 of T25. I think after losing that much weight my main focus should be more on nutrition to carry me the rest of the way and continue getting some cardio and strength training. There is a thread on here that has a bunch of apple shape ladies before and after and it's great motivation if that's what you're looking for. Most of the apple shape ladies had hour glass figures underneath the belly fat, which personally would be my ideal body figure. Good luck with your journey and Congrats on all your accomplishments so far!! :D
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I would suggest exercise to build muscle. Even just 15 minutes of strength training every other day and at least 30 minutes of cardio most days will make a HUGE difference. Also, even though you are eating very little, you seem to eat a lot of sodium. I would reduce your sodium intake, add in lots of vegetables...learn to fall in love with them... and drink tons of water. You're doing great though! You've come so far... now is the time to add in exercise to push it to the next level!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! I understand your frustration and I will share what my trainer has told me - you cannot tell your body where to lose the weight from, after is looses the weight in the areas it wants to it will then get to those areas we focus on the most.

I know we can work the muscles in area to tone up said area but that may not work for everyone.

I have the opposite issue my waist seems to be the only thing going down but my thighs and hips appear to have no intention of leaving me. After losing 51 lbs. I have only done 4 crunches that my trainer made me do and my waist has gone down 8 inches. My reluctance to do any exercise for my waist is because I think if it gets smaller it will make my hips look bigger :wink:

Hang in there and as time goes on you will see some improvements.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Ummm... Is there a reason you are not even hitting a 1000 calories a day? I only looked at this week and you did not even have 500 calories on Monday? And I think your highest was 880 or something like that? Is there a reason you are eating that low?
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. You are an a starvation diet. You are losing muscle mass by eating that little. Try eating closer to TDEE, and then you will have the energy to exercise to shape and tone more. You're not lazy; you're malnourished. It's no wonder you have no motivation to exercise right now. But, you have to love yourself enough to feed yourself a reasonable amount of healthy food. Congratulations on the weight you have lost, but please take care of yourself. You are surely irreplaceable. Here is a link to a calculator that will help you find your TDEE:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • melindalancaster1
    melindalancaster1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ummm... Is there a reason you are not even hitting a 1000 calories a day? I only looked at this week and you did not even have 500 calories on Monday? And I think your highest was 880 or something like that? Is there a reason you are eating that low?
    agree with this your not hitting your daily target in calories dont forget mfp factors in a defecit for you before giving you your daily calorie intake and u need to add more fruit and veg you will be missing out on micronutrients your body needs to function as well as eating at least the 1200 calories daily and even starting gentle exercise will start to shift everything. Well done so far but deffo need to do it properly now or it wont be sustainable
  • seraphinelle
    seraphinelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    +1