Starting P90X on Monday September, 13th 2010.

Options
Hi there fitness pals!

I'm about to embark on my second first day of P90X. I love the program and I'm just about certain that some of you out here do too. I had to get off of it about 3 months ago to recover from double ankle tendonitis that my Sports Medicine doctor believe was caused by overtraining.

Anyone wants to join me? I am looking to lose 12 -15 pounds by the 90th day which will be December, 11th.

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• hjsyndrome
    Options
    P90X is awesome. I am on round 2 week 4 right now. It definately works your whole body. Round one I lost almost 20lbs, so you can do it.

Good luck, have fun, and remember to BRING IT!!!!!!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'll be ending round 2 next week. I might start a P90X/Insanity hybrid though on the 26th. Let me know if you have any questions. I LOVE P90X.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Just want to say good luck on your journey!

My Sister and brother in law are going to do P9OX.

I'm thinking about starting my second round of Insanity monday. I completed it on Wednesday and was going to take a month off and do other workouts but I really miss it!! LOL

So I may just continue to do hip hop abs up until Monday and get Insane! I have a halloween costume I need to look good in! LOL Also it will help me count down the days til my husband and I get away and go to a FL Gators game! I thought 60 days seemed forever until the day cam and I thought wow that was fast!
  • 808kaupe
    Options
    Im in. My pastor let me borrow the DVD Set. I dont have the calendar or the nutrition guide. Is there anywhere I can get it online or something?
  • clipsychic
    Options
    P90X is awesome. I am on round 2 week 4 right now. It definately works your whole body. Round one I lost almost 20lbs, so you can do it.

Thanks so much HJ! I'm so excited!

I lost 5 lbs the last time I did it but stopped at day 46 (doctor's orders). I was so bumped but I'm syked all over again.

Congrats on your drastic weightloss on just the first round! Looks like you only have 4 to go! lol... Hell... I could settle for the 20 lb loss too!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I are starting on the 1st - so i'll be a bit behind you but right there too!
  • clipsychic
    Options
    Im in. My pastor let me borrow the DVD Set. I dont have the calendar or the nutrition guide. Is there anywhere I can get it online or something?

808... I'm sorry but I don't know where you could find the nutrition guide. I'll tell you what though... When I last did P90X, Just on the first week alone, my 2 roommates together with me spent a total of $400 of food alone. Bear in mind we had most of the spices and some food already sitting in the fridge. Bottom line, it's a great diet just a little too expensive for my wallet's taste. The following 3 weeks of Phase 1 cost us about $180 in total. Not so bad but still high enough. When I entered Phase 2, we switched over to Dr. Ian's diet (He's from the Celebrity Fit Club fame). I think his book is called "The Fat Smash Diet" (or something close to that). That was much cheaper for us and it worked GREAT!. The only edition we did was we added a protein shake as the 2nd meal. (Dr. Ian's book suggested eating 4 meals a day but with P90X you will find the need to eat at least 5 if not 6 times a day. Just be sure to eat every 2-3 hours)

If you inbox me your fax number I can try and send you the calendar tomorrow.
  • clipsychic
    Options
    I'll be ending round 2 next week. I might start a P90X/Insanity hybrid though on the 26th. Let me know if you have any questions. I LOVE P90X.

Thank you so much Bogmama! I just may send those questions your way! To benefit all, if you don't mind, I could post the questions on this forum so that we can all learn from you.

Big CONGRATULATIONS on your round two completion next week!

Have you noticed major changes in your body or health? Did you follow the nutrition guide to a T?

When you started Round 2, Did you do the Fat Shredding part of the Phase 1 nutrition guide?
  • clipsychic
    Options
    My hubby and I are starting on the 1st - so i'll be a bit behind you but right there too!

You're more than welcome to join in Clew!

All the best!
  • 808kaupe
    Options
    wow. thanks for the heads-up clip. Ill probably be sticking to my own diet. And Ill send you my email..Thanks a lot for the help clip.
  • BOGmama2010
    Options

Thank you so much Bogmama! I just may send those questions your way! To benefit all, if you don't mind, I could post the questions on this forum so that we can all learn from you.

Big CONGRATULATIONS on your round two completion next week!

Have you noticed major changes in your body or health? Did you follow the nutrition guide to a T?

When you started Round 2, Did you do the Fat Shredding part of the Phase 1 nutrition guide?

808 - go to teambeachbody.com/SuperAYLA and sign up for a free account. Click on WOWY SuperGym on the left and it will do an autoschedule for what routine (Lean, Classic, Doubles) of P90X that you are doing. Easiest way I know to get the schedule. Also, print off the P90X Worksheets while you are there. Tony talks about them all the time during the strength DVDs and it really does help to know how much you have been lifting. I like MFP for the nutrition and following the ratios that are laid out in the nutrition guide.

Clipsychic (and anyone else!) - you can friend me on FB - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1236360927 I'm always posting new pictures. Major changes is an understatement! The 1st round, I followed the nutrition guide at 2400 calories, which was too much for me in hindsight. I only lost 5 lbs, but I definitely saw the toning changes in my body. This round, I have lost 4.5" in my waist, 7% body fat, 17 lbs. (and counting!) and an exhilaration I haven't felt in a long time. I did start off on the Fat Shredder for the beginning of this round, but only stayed on for a week until I started hitting major energy walls during my workouts. I was on the middle plan until a week ago, when I decided that with two workouts (I started Slim in 6 with a bunch of ladies at church in the evening) I had earned the third phase and more carbs.

Feel free to ask those questions, I will check in here and see!

Lisa
  • jayd007
    Options
    Clipsy,

This was an awesome idea to start this forum as a support group!! Count me in...I am gonna give it another try!

2078687.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • hjsyndrome
    Options

Thanks so much HJ! I'm so excited!

I lost 5 lbs the last time I did it but stopped at day 46 (doctor's orders). I was so bumped but I'm syked all over again.

Congrats on your drastic weightloss on just the first round! Looks like you only have 4 to go! lol... Hell... I could settle for the 20 lb loss too!

Yeah I gained a little bit back over the summer. I got lazy. So I am back at it. I just love it. Good luck with and have fun.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,738 Member
    Options
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    So, when are you all going to take the Fit Test? Sunday? Hubby and I did it the morning that we started, but I recommend the day before. :D

Also, just a reminder, get the junk out of the house like the nutrition guide says! Make a commitment to yourself to give it your all these 90 days and you will not be disappointed.
  • clipsychic
    Options
    So, when are you all going to take the Fit Test? Sunday? Hubby and I did it the morning that we started, but I recommend the day before. :D

Also, just a reminder, get the junk out of the house like the nutrition guide says! Make a commitment to yourself to give it your all these 90 days and you will not be disappointed.

I'll do the fit test tomorrow prior to the early Monday morning start!

I'm so syked!!!
  • clipsychic
    Options
    Gals n' guys...

With this new journey we're embarking on, we should hold ourselves and each other accountable for all that we do pertaining to our health. On here we could even post our raves and vents about one lovely (and sometimes annoying) Mr. Tony Horton.

My roommates and I plan on even posting video clips of some of our workouts (excluding the downward dog which isn't a very complimentary sight) on youtube.com and posting the links here. Please promise not to laugh. :-D. We're challenging you to join in... graceful or not. LOL. Will you?
  • clipsychic
    Options
    Clipsy,

This was an awesome idea to start this forum as a support group!! Count me in...I am gonna give it another try!

Awesome roomie! See you there bright and early Monday morning! 0530 baby!!!
  • BOGmama2010
    Options
    Gals n' guys...

With this new journey we're embarking on, we should hold ourselves and each other accountable for all that we do pertaining to our health. On here we could even post our raves and vents about one lovely (and sometimes annoying) Mr. Tony Horton.

My roommates and I plan on even posting video clips of some of our workouts (excluding the downward dog which isn't a very complimentary sight) on youtube.com and posting the links here. Please promise not to laugh. :-D. We're challenging you to join in... graceful or not. LOL. Will you?

Love it!!! I'll post some of our videos we've taken as well :) Have fun with the fit test.
  • clipsychic
    Options
    Gals n' guys...

Love it!!! I'll post some of our videos we've taken as well :) Have fun with the fit test.

You betcha! Packing up my bad eating habits in the trash can today is a lil' bitter sweet here though. Sob sob... but Yeayyyyy (all in the same breath) LOL