Nike SportBand vs Fuel Band

Options
Anyone care to compare for me? I'm looking for someone who has tried both. I loved the simplicity of my SportBand, but it broke today. Wondering if I could get anything more out of the Fuel Band.

Replies

• aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    There's also Jawbone Up, if you're into that sort of thing. I don't know if it does pedometry or whatnot, but it pretty much tracks everything else. Or you could maybe go with a fitbit?

Not trying to change your mind about anything. Just adding more options.
  • jjrichard83
    jjrichard83 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Even though Fitbit is the worst customer service, they have the best product at the moment. Don't buy their premium as it's complete BS. Jawbone gets stuck in clothing and needs to be taken off to be synced.

Fuelband gives info that is all over the map & it's not in anything but their "fuel" (no calorie reading).

I hate to give them any advertising, but Fitbit wins.
  • chelsifina
    chelsifina Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I really REALLY love my fitbit. I did a lot of research on similar products, and it looks like the general consensus is fitbit or Jawbone UP, and the Nike fuel band got terrible reviews as being mostly useless, mainly because of the units of "fuel" rather than calories or any other more commonly used system. I find the fitbit to be very accurate, it syncs beautifully with MFP, and I love the sleep data too. I'm learning a lot and its very motivating.
  • glitterhealthy
    Options
    I've tried both the NIke Fuelband and Sportband....

The sportband is GREAT and so simple!! I have had it for about 1yr now, and it is awesome.

The fuelband is a bit of a gimmick, because everything is worked out in 'fuel'..... bit of a waste of time & $.... stick w the sportband.

OR if you have an iPhone, get the adapter for the iPhone... it plugs into the charging port on the phone, then u dont need either band. :)
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Even though Fitbit is the worst customer service, they have the best product at the moment. Don't buy their premium as it's complete BS. Jawbone gets stuck in clothing and needs to be taken off to be synced.

Fuelband gives info that is all over the map & it's not in anything but their "fuel" (no calorie reading).

I should clarify my needs perhaps. I'm most interested in tracking the performance metrics (pace, distance, etc) as a runner. If it could do biking too, that's cool. I don't really give a fig about calorie burns.

I am also interested in style and I'd like something small, light, unobtrusive. Jawbone UP isn't all that pretty. I've never seen the FitBit but I'll take a look.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    I've tried both the NIke Fuelband and Sportband....

The sportband is GREAT and so simple!! I have had it for about 1yr now, and it is awesome.

The fuelband is a bit of a gimmick, because everything is worked out in 'fuel'..... bit of a waste of time & $.... stick w the sportband.

OR if you have an iPhone, get the adapter for the iPhone... it plugs into the charging port on the phone, then u dont need either band. :)

Thanks for the perspective. So, sadly, they DISCONTINUED the sport band. I know...I've been in touch with Nike Support.

The iphone suggestion is a nice one, but I am really a minimalist when I exercise. I have a shuffle. I run practically naked. I just can't see myself lugging around my phone. And yea, I know that's dangerous and all...but I try to run in the city where I live so I could always flag someone down if need be.

What's this iphone adapter look like? Maybe I can be convinced
  • HardcoreP0rk
    Options
    Bump. Still looking for people to weigh in
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Fitbit flex is cheaper and has better ratings for performance tracking activity.
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options

I should clarify my needs perhaps. I'm most interested in tracking the performance metrics (pace, distance, etc) as a runner. If it could do biking too, that's cool. I don't really give a fig about calorie burns.

I am also interested in style and I'd like something small, light, unobtrusive. Jawbone UP isn't all that pretty. I've never seen the FitBit but I'll take a look.

I purchased a Fuelband at Christmas. It is not going to provide you with the running information you're looking for. Also, it is totally useless from a biking standpoint, whether a regular bike or spinning. My band broke recently, and I have sent it to Nike for replacement. Customer service to this point has been horrible.