1 year and almost 100 lbs lost

Options
Rodamort
Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
First off, I never thought I would be posting this kind of story just a year after I started my journey.

In July of last year I had hit my limit. I am 5’6” and weighted in at 330 lbs and I no longer wanted to be fat. Yeah… I WAS FAT! I have a job where I sit at my computer for 8+ hours a day so my activity level was very low as well. Married and with 4 little kids, I was being told by doctors that people in my shape die. Sleep apnea, depression, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol were only 4 of the immediate risks to my health, I’m sure there were others that were going to be rearing their heads soon.

8225549725_68c51a0228_z.jpg

A friend had recently suggested I use MyFitnessPal, so when I hit my wall I decided to try it. I had tried other sites in the past to log food and exercise, but when I started using MFP, the one thing I wasn’t ready for were the open arms I found of all the other members on the site that were in the same boat as I was. The site gave me the tools to use to log my food and track my exercise, but the people on MFP gave me the motivation to keep going when I struggled, because I struggled a lot. Yeah, I wasn't perfect every day. There were days I didn’t exercise and there were days I couldn’t even think to log another calorie, but I was able to make the overall changes of eating healthier and moving more on a much more consistent basis.

1 year later and right around 100 lbs lost, I feel great and am so proud of how far I have come. I am no longer on a CPAP machine for sleep apnea. I’m off anti-depressants, and all my blood work recently came back all within the normal ranges!!! I am now no longer sitting on the sidelines watching my kids participate in activities, but I’m taking part and even coaching football team for the 2nd year in a row. I’m also doing things I never thought I would even consider doing. One picture below is of me from earlier in the summer when my wife and I went white water rafting!! I ran my first 5k earlier this year and in the next 2 months I have a Color Run 5k, Spartan Sprint, and Sprint Triathlon that I’m training for. I’m becoming the dad that my kids SHOULD have, not the one I was. My wife and kids are proud of the changes I have made and have made some similar changes as well. I still have a ways to go, but that will come with time!!! Thank you friends for the time you invested in me, I hope I've been a motivation for you as well!!!

About 11 months
9374793320_41120958d8_z.jpg

Year mark!
9372026657_5bcaf247be_z.jpg

Replies

• Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Congrats man. Keep up the good work. 100 lbs is no joke.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Feels good doesn't it? :)
  • SherryL0419
    SherryL0419 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Very awesome!! Congrats on your success...you should be very proud!!!
  • alhb1017
    alhb1017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing!! You are an inspiration! Congratulations on your success!
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • april27kelli
    april27kelli Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    you look incredible!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • bonnielyntwenty
    Options
    congratulations...way to go!!!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You're awesome and your inspire me!!
  • charlenequinn94
    Options
    Awesome job,
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! That is a great accomplishment and in only a year! WTG!
  • l_clc
    l_clc Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    In-freaking-credible! What an amazing job you've done :)
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hey, good going man, I've lost 54LBS myself, another 46LBS to go!

Good look with the rest of your weight loss journey. You're an inspirational guy!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    congratulations! I hope to say I have hit the 100 lbs lost this year
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I couldn't be happier for you! Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!