calories in vodka

Options
I buy the cheap 42 proof rasberry vodka and cannot find any calorie and carb info on it at all. I get the Orloff's. Anyone no the calorie and carb count on a shot. Only info I can find on the web is for the 80 proof.

Replies

• wahmom2three
    wahmom2three Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    nobody?
  • Changing_Charity
    Changing_Charity Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    the calories depends on the proof, the higher the proof, the more calories. i would guess there about 80-100 calories in one shot.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know you could get 42 proof vodka...but I found one in the database.

Vodka - 42 Proof - Povoff

It's listed as 40 calories per ounce. That seems about right.

As general info on the subject, pure alcohol is 7 calories per gram. It's sorta the fourth macronutrient, it's not carb, protein or fat.
    So as a general rule, vodka, whiskey, brandy, rum, tequila and gin don't have any carbohydrates. Flavored or sweetened things like Jaggermeister or Triple Sec do though because they have added sugar and other ingredients. Beer and wine have some because they haven't had all the plant stuff distilled out of them.

Rule of thumb: A 1.5 ounce shot of 80 proof spirits has about 100 calories.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I'd just use the first flavored liqueur in the general ballpark proof-wise that I saw. My first gut hunch would be that flavored goodies will run you about eighty to a hundred a shot.