Looking for Support

Options
Hi everyone! Like many of you, I have struggled with my weight for the majority of my life. I have failed time and time again between FAD diets, starving myself, etc. I honestly thought that at some point in my life I would hit a wall and realize that I have a problem and dedicate everything that I have to working on losing it. In the last year I have gained 40 more pounds, now making me 100 pounds overweight. I have constantly given myself excuses why I don't have time to work out and denying the fact that I eat the wrong things. I recently found myself even sneaking food after my husband went to bed so that he wouldn't know.

I think I finally hit that "wall" last week when my husband told me that I have let myself go. I have to do it this time! Not just for me, but my husband and my 5 year old son. I need support if anyone is willing to help!!! :)

Replies

• Fattygasted
    Fattygasted Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me if you like and we can support each other. I am working towards a 50 pound loss by this time next year. We can discuss the changes that we make every week and our weak points. Stay focused and don't be too hard on yourself:)
  • lkbelmira
    lkbelmira Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi- we sound very similar. Today is the first time I have logged in for about a year. I have good intentions but little will power. I am an elementary teacher and mother to 3. I have about 80 pounds to lose. 3 things have happened in the last few months to finally get me to take this seriously. One of my adorable and sweet students (5 year old) told me I was fat. Ouch! I was kayaking with my husband and had a heck of a time getting out of the kayak. Finally, my 17 year old and I were visiting a campus today and one part was all uphill with numerous staircases. I had difficulty! I need to do this and now is the time. I would love to have a buddy to support. Encouragement goes a long way! I believe we can do it!
  • Electra0928
    Options
    Added! Thank you so much! Yes, I am definitely very hard on myself and need to work on that as well!
  • Electra0928
    Options
    :-( I know how you feel. My son is 5 as well and he always tells me that I have a fat belly. That was one of my pushing points as well. We can do it!
  • foxylady522
    Options
    I'm working to lose 80-90lbs total and have so far made it down 17lbs in the past two months. I'm 31, married, with a 21 month old son. Feel free to add me for support :)
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have a long way to go. I get it. Its a tough journey!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Welcome to add me, ive been here over 550 days now!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    What do you need help with?