Fitbit and MFP

Options
I have the fitbit one and just started using MFP. I'm confused about the way it logs the activity calories. I generally enter the activity in MFP and when I get home the fitbit will sync. It looks like i'm getting credit for double. Am I doing this correctly? I'm wondering If I should only be using the fitbit and omit the MFP activity. I can't seem to find any clear information on this, very confused.
thanks for any help you can give

Replies

• peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    if you are wearing the the fitbit during activity you are getting a bit of dbl credit. I dont wear my fitbit when I am working at the gym or doing riding my bike. If I am doing a walking activity at the gym or out on a hike, I wear the fitbit but do not log additional info as an activity. Do not log in both places. Even the FAQ says to log activity in the fitbit log and not on MFP. I do the opposite.
  • Mhhenderson
    Mhhenderson Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am/was having the same problem. I wear my Fitbit all the time and I log my exercise activity in MFP. I don't log anything in the fitbit program. I don't eat back any of the activity calories from my fitbit -- I don't know if you've noticed or not, but as you become less active at night it will begin to take away those activity calories (I think it's only if you haven't met your step goal). I only eat back off of the actual calories I log from exercise. I don't always eat back my calories, but if I do only the ones that I've logged.

I don't know that this is the way it should work, but it's worked for me and I've been wearing my fitbit since early May. I think this is one of those things that you have to figure out what works for you. Good Luck!