fitbit flex or zip

Options
I am going to get a polar f4 for my fitness workouts. But in the mean time i'm going to disney next week and I wanted to see how much calories i'm burning now compared to what i'm burning there. So, i'm thinking about either getting the fitbit zip or flex and wearing it all day this week. Then seeing how it compares next week in disney. I want to make sure i'm being just as active there.
Would a fitbit be able to roughly estimate my workouts at zumba? Also when i'm at disney i'd like to walk/run before I start the day. Would it be able to track distance in real time so I can see how far i'm walking? Usually I use the nike gps ap on my phone, but it drains the battery. I like the fact that flex is a bracelet, so I can't lose it. But, the zip on the other hand I can see the screen. I'm afraid i'll lose the zip. I can't decide which one to get.

Replies

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    I have the flex, it's my first and only fitbit so I can't compare it to the zip. it's a really comfy bracelet, I weat it 24/7 except for charging time. I have the Fitibit phone app (not all phones can get it, so check yours) and it's easy enough to sync for immediate numbers. When I do an activity like running, I note the start and finish time. I sync it here and found it easier to log on MFP and then it pops up on the Fitbit site. Yes, it tracks distance. It also tracks steps, calories burned and sleep quality. The flex doesn't count flights of stairs, I know the other ones do.

If you're interested in it, also check that it's actually available. I know they're on backorder on various sites. I had preordered mine months before the release.

Have fun in Disney!
  • disney_girl125
    disney_girl125 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply! I did check and a target near me has it in stock. Have you used it for zumba or body combat? I was just wondering how it worked with them. Does it count stairs as steps at least?
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,157 Member
    Options
    Yes, it counts stairs as steps. You can track activities that involve steps like Zumba.. Note the start and stop time and put them into here (you sync this site to FB) or the Fitbit dashboard - I find it easier to do it here. I've heard cycling doesn't track well.