Bingeing when so close to goal?!

Options
I am so frustrated. As of a week ago, I was only 3 lbs away from my goal weight. But ironically, seeing this lower number on the scale has caused a week-long downward spiral of binge eating and very unhealthy food choices. Any one ever have this happen? If so, any ideas on how can I get back on track before I gain back all the weight I have lost!

Thanks for reading,
Crystal

Replies

• KimBeron
    KimBeron Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Having the same issue, need to get motivated again, I have come so far. I was thinking that maybe I need to read the boards more, add some friends? I don't know but I have to do this. Was 7lbs away now at 11, it's depressing .
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    That was then. This is now. Press the Reset button.
    The closer you are to goal, the harder it is to lose, the longer it takes. Just keep on keepin' on.
    It's not the speed that counts, it's the sustainability. Take the long view, because that will be crucial for maintenance.
    You've come a long way! Celebrate that. Treat the binge as a blip on the radar (because that's all it is) and return to healthy practices. That's really all it takes, for however long it takes. Just keep on going and don't give up, one day and one meal at a time.
    Above all, have faith in yourself!