the 'this is never gonna be over for me!' moment.

Options
trudijoy
trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
I'd say we've all had it. And it sucks! You've been working your *kitten* off, eating well being careful, seeing progress, then out of nowhere you get this 'whats the point anyway';is it ever gonna end' blah blah negative mindset.

So rant about it with me, would ya?

:)

Replies

• jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sorry, can't rant. Love the changes, love being fit, love the friends I've made here. And waaaay too busy to feel sorry for myself or worry about any small short term hurdles.....
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Sorry, can't rant. Love the changes, love being fit, love the friends I've made here. And waaaay too busy to feel sorry for myself or worry about any small short term hurdles.....

thanks for that.....
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would like to be more supportive but as my husband says, I'm horribly cheerful by nature. Especially first thing in the morning!
  • trudijoy
    Options
    I would like to be more supportive but as my husband says, I'm horribly cheerful by nature. Especially first thing in the morning!

that's great for you, but theres no shame in having a down moment either, so thanks for your input but,....
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    nope, never had it.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Iv been doing this for a long time now and i get that feeling every few months. It just happens mate. For me it lasts for about a day, then i remember and see how far iv come, and im back to reaching my next set of goals again. I find those down moments, help re motivate me.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Yes, this happens. I just try to be grateful and take each day as it comes. If it was easy there wouldn't even be an MFP because everyone would just push a button and be skinny in six months.
  • trudijoy
    Options
    Iv been doing this for a long time now and i get that feeling every few months. It just happens mate. For me it lasts for about a day, then i remember and see how far iv come, and im back to reaching my next set of goals again. I find those down moments, help re motivate me.

yeah I usually end up laughing at myself and buying some new clothes in a smaller size...and i''m getting so close to goal, it's just a moment.

This was kinda meant to be a rant and laugh thread.... <sigh> MFP eh?
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll play! Hate to see your good intentions wasted :)

I am also pretty close to goal, and it's awesome and everything. But sometimes I feel like I'm never going to actually get there, that it's just too damn hard to focus SO much on constant meal planning, and putting so much time into training.

Plus when I go and buy those smaller sized clothes, I see myself in those awful changing room lights, and realise my body composition is still nowhere near where I want it to be. The overall dimensions are fine, I look completely normal, and with clothes on no one would ever know, but underneath.... I think it's a constant reminder of how I've neglected myself for so long.

AND normal isn't good enough a goal anymore. I've had a tantalising taste of what's possible, and now I'll settle for nothing less than super fit, super toned, super strong and super hot.

First world problems, admittedly, but the mind *kitten* is still there and still real.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I can understand. I've lost 66lbs over 2 years and it's not so much that I'm fed up with exercise or anything, I just don't see a point sometimes where I'll be happy with what I see. Everyone tells me how slim I am now, but all I can see is what I want to change still. So, from that point of view,it seems never ending!

I'm happy with the lifestyle though. I've always loved healthy food anyway, and exercise has become so much a part of my life. I don't starve myself, and I allow myself treats now and then, so it's quite easy to sustain.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Ha it's never out of nowhere. It comes right before exercising self control and not saying "screw it all, I'm going to the bakery and eating five almond croissants instead of going to the gym'.
  • athenasurrenders
    athenasurrenders Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I've had this moment, and it sucked at the time, but in the long run it turned out to be a good thing for me. I needed to realise that no, this really never will be over for me! Even when I meet goal I am always going to have to exercise, I'm always going to have to pass up on snacks and take out, I'm always going to have to check the back of packets to see what I'm eating - because that's the price of being healthy.

Once I got over the initial despair at that realisation, it changed my mindset. I stopped thinking of this as something temporary to be endured. I stopped thinking of 'giving up' as an option. Even if I have a bad week, eat some junk, skip a workout, or something else, I just have to get up and go on, because this is forever.

But yes, it was frightening and distressing to realise that it would never be over. I'm gonna have to bust my *kitten* forever to get and stay in shape. That's just a fact. Just like my husband has to take insulin shots every day, like it or not. No point feeling sorry for himself over it, and no option to stop.
  • arose544
    arose544 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time! ' why do i even try? Even if i do hit my goal it wont be long before i'm right back where i started' guess its just self esteem issues. I've never been thin and cant really imagine it trully workin out for me. But i have been on one diet or another almost my entire life so maybe once i find something that works( naturally and not a fad) i might be able to stck with it. I'm guessing that being thin is a good motivator to not get fat again??