Cinnamon roll pancakes

Options
SirBonerFart
SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
CINNAMON FILLING:
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, just melted (not boiling)
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon

CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
2-ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

PANCAKES:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil

Prepare the cinnamon filling: In a medium bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a quart-sized heavy zip baggie and set it aside (see *Tips below).

Prepare the glaze: In a small pan, heat the butter over low heat until melted. Turn off the heat and whisk in the cream cheese until it is almost smooth. Sift the powdered sugar into the pan, stir and add in vanilla extract. Set the pan aside while you make the pancakes.

Prepare the pancake batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in the milk, egg and oil, just until the batter is moistened (a few small lumps are fine).

Cook the pancakes: Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-heat and spray with nonstick spray. Use an ice cream scoop (or 1/3 cup measuring cup) to add the batter to the pan. Use the bottom of the scoop or cup to spread the batter into a circle (about 4-inches in diameter). Reduce the heat to medium low. Snip the corner of your baggie of cinnamon filling and squeeze the filling into the open corner. When your pancake begins to form bubbles, add the filling. Starting at the center of the pancake, squeeze the filling on top of the pancake batter in a swirl (just as you see in a regular cinnamon roll). Cook the pancake 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bubbles begin popping on top of the pancake and it's golden brown on the bottom. Slide a thin, wide metal spatula underneath the pancake and gently but quickly flip it over. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the other side is golden as well. When you flip the pancake onto a plate, you will see that the cinnamon filling has created a crater-swirl of cinnamon. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel, and repeat with the remaining pancake batter and cinnamon filling. Re-warm the glaze briefly, if needed. Serve pancakes topped with a drizzle of glaze.

Cinnamon-Roll-Pancakes-9.jpg

source: http://www.recipegirl.com/2011/03/01/cinnamon-roll-pancakes/

MACROS Per 1 pancake - 747 Calories 8p/46f/79c

Replies

• cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    This makes me wanna go to IHOP!! Because putting that much effort into making them myself is laughable...but I want them now.

tdri___gruel_is_yummy_by_sallychan-d54o9ep.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lyj5en4nQS1r5hgygo1_500.gif
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    OMG!
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing! How many pancakes does the recipe make, and are you sure those macros are right? As much as I would love to, I cannot fit a single 800 calorie pancake into my day!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing! How many pancakes does the recipe make, and are you sure those macros are right? As much as I would love to, I cannot fit a single 800 calorie pancake into my day!

This ^^ and now I am sad because OMG YUM!
  • SirBonerFart
    Options

8 - 4 inch pancakes
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    OMG i hate you.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    I think I'm over my calorie limit for the day just from looking at the picture
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    CINNAMON FILLING:
    4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, just melted (not boiling)
    1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
    1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon

CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
    4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
    2-ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
    3/4 cup powdered sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

PANCAKES:
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup milk
    1 large egg, lightly beaten
    1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil

Prepare the cinnamon filling: In a medium bowl, stir together the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a quart-sized heavy zip baggie and set it aside (see *Tips below).

Prepare the glaze: In a small pan, heat the butter over low heat until melted. Turn off the heat and whisk in the cream cheese until it is almost smooth. Sift the powdered sugar into the pan, stir and add in vanilla extract. Set the pan aside while you make the pancakes.

Prepare the pancake batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in the milk, egg and oil, just until the batter is moistened (a few small lumps are fine).

Cook the pancakes: Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-heat and spray with nonstick spray. Use an ice cream scoop (or 1/3 cup measuring cup) to add the batter to the pan. Use the bottom of the scoop or cup to spread the batter into a circle (about 4-inches in diameter). Reduce the heat to medium low. Snip the corner of your baggie of cinnamon filling and squeeze the filling into the open corner. When your pancake begins to form bubbles, add the filling. Starting at the center of the pancake, squeeze the filling on top of the pancake batter in a swirl (just as you see in a regular cinnamon roll). Cook the pancake 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bubbles begin popping on top of the pancake and it's golden brown on the bottom. Slide a thin, wide metal spatula underneath the pancake and gently but quickly flip it over. Cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the other side is golden as well. When you flip the pancake onto a plate, you will see that the cinnamon filling has created a crater-swirl of cinnamon. Wipe out the pan with a paper towel, and repeat with the remaining pancake batter and cinnamon filling. Re-warm the glaze briefly, if needed. Serve pancakes topped with a drizzle of glaze.

Cinnamon-Roll-Pancakes-9.jpg

source: http://www.recipegirl.com/2011/03/01/cinnamon-roll-pancakes/

MACROS Per 1 pancake - 747 Calories 8p/46f/79c

I must have missed the garlic. Where was the garlic?
  • SirBonerFart
    Options
    bump
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    amazing
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • serendipity57
    serendipity57 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    OMG i hate you.

Me too! lol
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well, since these pancakes are dangerously close to one third of my current daily calories intake, thanks for posting the pics. I tried to inhale :)
  • Bearbrat
    Bearbrat Posts: 230
    Options
    WHY :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • mikemsu
    mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is just plain cruel to post ... at least until they come up with a scratch n sniff computer screen!!!
  • thisaintagame
    Options
    This is just plain cruel to post ... at least until they come up with a scratch n sniff computer screen!!!

Shoot, smelling them would just be cruel and unusual punishment! I would end up tryin to eat the computer screen! I would definitely find a way to fit them in the day (even if i had to stay up half the night exercising my extra cals off) but i know i wouldnt stop with just 1 serving. Cinnamon stuff is an addiction for my belly and the way it smells....oh my goodness *tries not to drool*
  • MinatoandClover
    MinatoandClover Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Aaaaaagh, why would you do this?! T-T
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I think I'm over my calorie limit for the day just from looking at the picture

THIS...
  • rockinchick221976
    rockinchick221976 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    OMG, must you tempt us, lol. This loos so yummy, but no way can I fit it in my day at almost 800 calories, that's more than half of my daily allowance, which is only 1,200! I so want this right now though.