Going to sleep hungry

Options
jaymie_x0
jaymie_x0 Posts: 265 Member
Yes or no? & what time do you stop eating during the day?
I've found that I sleep better on an empty stomach, if I eat even 3 hours before bed, I get nightmares horribly.

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    If I go to bed hungry, I'll wake up several times during the night. I usually eat around an hour before bed and sleep fine.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Totally up to the individual, I find. If I'm hungry at bedtime, I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night. But I try not to eat heavily right before bed.
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep if I'm hungry. If I eat carbs before I go to bed I sleep very well.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Well I work overnights so when I get off in the morning sometimes I will eat breakfast but something light about an hour or two before i go to bed other wise if i eat RIGHT before bed i get crazy dreams too. My husband on the other hand cannot go to bed hungry or he wakes up choking because of a stomach disorder he has, it's really crazy.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I'm not generally hungry at bed time during the week, due to going to bed a bit earlier. If I've worked at my second job I get home at 11:15pm and I'm usually hungry, so I'll have some cereal or something. On the weekends I tend to snack a bit in the evenings because I'm usually up later at night.

But yeah, if I'm hungry, I eat. Otherwise I have a hard time sleeping.
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yes or no? & what time do you stop eating during the day?
    I've found that I sleep better on an empty stomach, if I eat even 3 hours before bed, I get nightmares horribly.

I can't fall asleep if I'm hungry. So I'll have something small like maybe 8 almonds or 4 strawberries.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep if I'm hungry. If I eat carbs before I go to bed I sleep very well.

same.

Without my pre bed carbs, I do not sleep well at all. Hence the personal preference thing :smile:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid being hungry... crackers a couple hours before as I go right to bed after work. Sometimes can't ignore it.... Depends!
  • LukiesMommy
    Options
    I try not to eat after dinner. Snacking after dinner until bed time is a bad habit for me, that's where I've gained most of this weight.
  • viktorijandz
    viktorijandz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't get nightmares if I eat before going to bed. I find it hard to fall asleep afterwards. I normally have my dinner around 6 or 7pm and go to bed around 11 or 12pm. I don't snack after my dinner. If I somehow feel hungry, I make myself a huge mug of green tea with a little bit of honey.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese makes a great bed time snack
  • parkermegan
    parkermegan Posts: 167
    Options
    I eat dinner around 5-6pm and then have a 200 calorie or so snack around 8pm. I go to bed around 11pm. There is no way I could stop eating at 6-7pm.....I would be starving!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I sleep 100% better if I finish eating 2-3 hours before bedtime. I have had to work late this past week and I get home at 7, eat something small and stay up to 9:30 vs my normal bed time at 9 ...
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Some nights I go to bed slightly hungry and when I fall asleep, It doesn't bother me. There have been occasional nights back when I didn't realize I could eat more calories and still lose.... Those nights, I was starving hungry and in retrospect, I wasn't eating enough. I try to finish eating by 6pm and then I eat breakfast around 6am most days.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I find I can't sleep well if I'm either too hungry or too full. After dinner I tend to have a snack a bit before bed.
  • fluffymaggie3
    fluffymaggie3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I sleep better if I've got something in my tummy. I struggle with this issue because I have read it is not good to eat then sleep !!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I stay up until I'm done eating. I can't sleep on an empty stomach, in fact, I tend to sleep best with pretty close to a full meal in my system within 30 minutes of bedtime.
  • cameronwheeler
    Options
    I sleep better on an empty stomach, otherwise i would feel sick if I ate. I use to eat all the time before bed, meals and fast food, it was terrible, and i was miserable. If i'm really hungry, and i know that i'm truly hungry, i'll eat a small 100 calorie snack or like a fig newton then go to bed, but NEVER a meal before bed.
  • wadedawg
    wadedawg Posts: 315
    Options
    I've been on a program of intermittent fasting, so I generally eat for the last time each day around 7 or 8, and not eat again until the next day around noon. I go to bed midnight-ish, so there's always 4 or 5 hours between my last meal and bedtime. However, I am usually not "hungry" when I go to bed.