300 ugh! I really need some motivation.

Options
SW: 325...I had just gotten out of the 300s and I was 287lbs 2 weeks ago. I haven't cared lately about my eating and have went back up to 300.4 ! I was already going through a tough time these last few weeks and this just severely added to this almost depressive like state i am in. I went to the doctor yesterday and he recommended relaxing, reducing stress and not sabotaging my lifestyle change. I need some ideas on how to get back on track. I was SO SO SO proud of 287. Now I am just sad. I just don't know what to do!:cry:

Replies

• MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Kreations, read the quote that is on your profile! I think that you have some insight into this...that you know what to do (think of how much weight you have already lost) and you realize that when (not if) you have slip-ups, they will just be a speed bump (your quote). You can to this!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Check out the message board Not to Hot! I find that extremely motivating. There are many people who were that big and now look hella good. I find that the most motivating feature on this site.
  • Rolande55
    Rolande55 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You are not alone girl! I am just now getting back on track. The most important thing is not to beat yourself up. You are human and you just take it one baby step at a time. Pat yourself on the back every day for even being aware that a change is needed and plan plan plan! Get up and get out for a walk during this wonderful warm summer weather. Just 30 minutes a day will make a big difference. Browse the produce section of your grocery store and stock up on fresh fruits and interesting new veggies to create fun meals with. Steer clear of all the processed food aisles. Drink plenty of water. You've done it before, you can do this again! Feel free to add me as a friend because I too need support and encouragement, menu ideas etc..
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Being overweight is hard
    Losing weight is hard
    Maintaining your weight is hard

Just keep swimming,
  • ladypinktulip
    ladypinktulip Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I gained 11 pounds back also and surpassed the 300 mark too. I was in period of unmitigated stress. I decided the worst thing I could do is give up and keep adding pounds. Just observe and correct. Most of all love yourself right where you are at. This is a temporary set back only. Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • Dollfun1
    Dollfun1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I tend to also be my own worst enemy. Per the other post, I agree: re-read your quote not just at a glance, but take yourself back to the moment you decided to use that quote and what good things you were thinking. I promise your confidence is still there, it just needs a little pick me up.

Sometimes picking ourselves up by the boot straps is a hard job, but you have made some major goals in your life and I am sure you can press forward and achieve your new goals.

You are a beautiful young lady embrace yourself and never give up.

Best of luck to you. I look forward to seeing your success story :wink:

Christine
  • michelledfoster
    Options
    You have two choices here: Choice one: supress the pride of 287 and go back to doing what got you where you were (me, too, by the way) or choice 2: forgive yourself for the slight backtrack and keep doing what you were doing to get to that 287.

Friend people here who are positive and encouraging. Then log everything you eat. Dont beat yourself up. Today is a new day. You can do it. YOU CAN DO IT.
  • rebeccab575
    rebeccab575 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Start fresh today. Don't beat yourself up over yesterday, and don't worry about tomorrow. For today, eat well, try to go for a small walk, and you'll feel better. One day at a time. Try to feel good today and focus on the life you want, not the things stressing you out today. Keep your eye on the prize!! You will get to your goal, but the process isn't easy..... But that's what makes it so rewarding. You already made it to the 280's, so you know you can do this!!! Don't give up!!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Today is a brand new day, so you had a setback it happens. Think of it as a learning process, you know you can lose weight, now you just have to do it. Never think of a gain as a failure, failure would be you not posting here and just walking away. You can do this.

Start logging everything, start moving more and you'll be on your way back down!!

Have a great day!
  • ginag516
    ginag516 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello there!!
    Do not get discourage theres so many helpful tips here on this site and on the internet. We go thru so much emotional, physically and mentally make this journey the best you can. Create GOALS for yourself and find incentives to create a NEW you I hope you dont mind I added you if theres anything I can help you with maybe we can learn from eachother :flowerforyou: let the good knowledge begin!!
  • UKEms
    UKEms Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I've just started today SW 310, I ve done so many diets over the years but realized my head needs to be in the right place first to do that I take 10 minutes every morning to mediate be it in silence or listening to motivation hypnosis either way it works. Be kind to yourself and remember you lost it before you can lose it again.

Good luck

Ems
  • cindibutler80
    cindibutler80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Everyone on here is so encouraging. Use that. I'm just starting over again and I have very encouraging pals on here. When I feel like getting junk food, I post and they reply with such support that it makes me want to do better. I even prelog my food for the day and at dinnertime I mark it complete so I can't add anything because everyone looks at my diary and knows. The accountability helps so much. When I listen to them, I feel less stressed too. You can do this. We weigh about the same right now but I'm just starting and you've already lost 25 lbs. Don't look at the setback but at what you accomplished already. Believe me. I once lost down to 205 and had a setback. I was 212 when I noticed it but instead of doing something about it, I felt sorry for myself until the number climbed to 300, 35 lbs more than my old highest weight! You can do this. Feel free to add me.
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Each of us is different in how we achieve our goals we all know what we should do but doesn't mean the journey is smooth and magical weight loss happens. Life tends to get in the way. Emotional eating is one of the hardest things to overcome. The only advice I can give is to have you do what your doctor says relax refresh take time for yourself no matter how busy you are. You took that weight off you can do it again. You need to focus on what makes you feel better food wise (that is healthy not junk food) and just do your best no one including yourself can ask for more. move more drink your water. Find an outlet that doesn't focus on your life style change ie food. Good luck and message me if you like I am here for you .. WE are here for you
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You are def not alone!!....when i got injured recently for two weeks i ate bad and gained almost 7 pounds....but i felt sluggish the entire time i was recovering...and i think its cause of the food and lack of exercise....any ways..i felt horrible because i keep gaining and losing the same 10 pounds....it frustrates me because i could be so much farther in my journey but i keep messing up...the other day i started looking at success stories again....they truly help me to stay focused and inspired....yeah we mess up but it happens...we are human...just pick up and move on...keep pushing no matter what...DO NOT give up!! You didnt put on your weight in one day/week/ etc. so your not gunna lose it that quickly...its VERY easy to gain but it takes commitment, determination, hard work, and will power to lose it....You can do it!!! It will all be worth it!...Add me if ya want =)
  • cjthurman
    cjthurman Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the past. Just get up, dust yourself off, and keep playing the game! You're doing great and I know you can succeed. Try some new exercise to spice things up (hula hooping? I'm so into it!)....and some new recipes. You're going to make it happen!
  • westarnld
    westarnld Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Take it one day at a time. Consciously decide what you will do each day--track everything you eat, drink water, exercise. You have lost weight. Don't let this set back stop you. You know what to do and have shown success! Congratulations on the loss so far and congratulations for wanting to stick with it!:blushing: :smile:
  • FearlessRobb
    FearlessRobb Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    SW: 325...I had just gotten out of the 300s and I was 287lbs 2 weeks ago. I haven't cared lately about my eating and have went back up to 300.4 ! I was already going through a tough time these last few weeks and this just severely added to this almost depressive like state i am in. I went to the doctor yesterday and he recommended relaxing, reducing stress and not sabotaging my lifestyle change. I need some ideas on how to get back on track. I was SO SO SO proud of 287. Now I am just sad. I just don't know what to do!:cry:

Do exactly what you were doing to get there. no matter what happens and how sad i am seeing the number change every week keeps me happy lol
  • JulieGirl58
    JulieGirl58 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, the time will pass whether you are sticking to your plan or whether you throw in the towel. The difference will be in how you feel in a month and are looking back. Will you be elated because you have had a loss, or will you be frustrated because you haven't and maybe even gained? Don't let go of your victories. Fight to keep them. For me there is nothing I hate more than losing the same pounds over and over. I always have stress in my job so I can't let that be my excuse for emotional eating. I ride my recumbent bike every night to fight that stress. Find what works for you, what lets you forget the stress for a while and focus on you. You can do this! You have proved you can. Be good to yourself. You are worth it!
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    From a girl who's been there, I feel ya. :flowerforyou:

My highest weight was 318. I've quit more times than I'd like to share. Each time I gained back even more weight and eventually ended up at 318. When I figured out that I'm human and I'm going to make mistakes, I decided that NO MATTER WHAT I would always get back up asap and get back on board. Where you are right now, you have not gained it all back. You are still in the green - now just keep going! You know what you have to do to get there, you've done it before, you can do it again! Use this experience to fuel you each time you want to quit or give up or cave into those temptations. Remember how you feel now and remember that you never want to feel this way again.

You can do it, girl!
  • kreationsforhome
    kreationsforhome Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much I really needed help getting back on my feet after this gain.