Newbie :)

Options
Hi all, I'm a newbie to this from Wexford in Ireland but living in Co. Clare. Tried getting fit during the summer and took up tag rugby which I loved and did a bit of running but it didn't really make any difference to my weight as I always stuffed my face afterwards thinking I had earned it. :ohwell: Fell off the fitness bandwagon about five weeks ago so I'm keen to get cracking again.

Hopefully with the calorie tracking on here I won't fall into the same trap this time and will be more disciplined. I love how we can keep track of our progress etc - it'll be like being in a little competition with myself!!

Feel free to add me - a bit of mutual encouragement can't hurt :smile:

Replies

• MakeLifeBright
    Options
    Welcome =0) I hope you reach your goals. This is a great place to start!! :flowerforyou:
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Good to have you on board. You'll do great things with this bunch behind you!
  • nikmaack
    nikmaack Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I love this site, and keep annoying people by telling them how much it has helped me. I've lost 50 lbs since April 17th. Another 30 lbs to go!

My advice, which you didn't ask for:

1. Trust the system. If it says to eat 1500 calories a day, aim for that. Don't break your back trying to live on 500 calories.

2. If you find yourself wanting to eat more, work out regularly so you have more eating calories. Don't go crazy that way either -- "Oh, I want a chocolate bar. Guess I better jog and then eat one." But if you figure you need those extra five hundred calories a day, make sure you have a daily work out routine.

3. Don't consider it a diet, but a new way of living. I have "food issues". When I reach my goal weight of 200 lbs, I'm going to switch my goal to "maintain" my weight and keep logging. If, after a year or two, I'm still good, I'll wean myself off food logging -- but return to it if I need to.

Good luck!

Nik