I need help staying motivated

Options
I don't know why I do this! I'm doing really well for a really long time, and then I just STOP! I just get lazy and I revert to my old ways. I want to stop, but I'm just so lazy that I can't! UGH! What do you do when this happens? How do you stay motivated? How do you STOP going back?

Replies

• SheShe_13
    SheShe_13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Becky,

I understand where you're coming from I'm going through the same dilemma. I revert back to old ways, but we have to keep in mind our goals and why we're losing weight. Though I'm not exercising much I've been trying to eat sensible. A fitness pal suggested I open my diary and make myself accountable to others and so far so good! If you need someone to talk to feel free to add me. We can do this!
  • morticia16
    morticia16 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    For me, it's feeling better; eating well and exercising energize me. Plus, I don't deny myself.l eat my favorite foods still.
  • fourshads
    fourshads Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Becky. Don't give up. My suggestion: Make 2 lists -1) of EVERY improvement you've seen since starting the journey (i.e. clothes fit better, moving easier, sleeping better, etc) and then 2) make a 2nd list of the specific things you still want to achieve (i.e. wear a size X, run a 10 K race, fit back into those skinny jeans, live longer etc) and post that somewhere so that you can see it many times a day (kitchen, on the fridge, on a bathroom mirror). This can be the reminder of what your efforts have resulted in thus far AND what you still want to accomplish. Your body & loved ones thank you for the changes you are making to be healthier. Don't give up. :smile: