HRM calorie burn

i use my Polar FT4 HRM (in pink :tongue: ) to track all of my workouts. i know they're not 100% accurate, as nothing is, but for some reason today i was having trouble getting it to pick up my heart rate. once i finally did, it worked throughout the whole workout, but to me my burn seemed pretty high.

does 440 calories seem to high for walking/running outside for 45 minutes? i just want to have a good guesstimate of the cals burned! thanks!

Replies

• A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    That sounds about right. I do in the mid 400's after 45 minutes on the treadmill. I do it on an incline which resembles the outside. And I walk at 3.8 mph.

I also use a polar HRM. :)
  • nursek_2010
    nursek_2010 Posts: 54 Member
    okay thank you!! i love using my HRM, it motivates me to work longer so i can see the number of cals go up!! lol
  • smahy0504
    smahy0504 Posts: 21 Member
    I also use a polar! Do you wet the rubber part of the strap? I believe it is recommended to pick up a HR easier. Your burn seems pretty accurate to me! Keep it up!
  • No1Stinger
    No1Stinger Posts: 12 Member
    440 cals sounds just about spot on.
    I've completed an experiment which shows that the calorie counters on the machines are always 3times as much as the HRM.
    I trust my PolarFT7 in black lol and I know that it is one of the best.
    After all, they use the POLAR range on all the BIGGEST LOSER programmes.
    Oh, did I mention I'm a fan of the biggest loser lol
  • No1Stinger
    No1Stinger Posts: 12 Member
    I'm also looking for new friends too..
    Sorry I forgot to post that in my first reply