Age 50 and over (or close to it lol)

Options
Hi, I'm 50. And I need some additional support. I'm married, with children, grandchildren and live in Louisiana USA. I've been an on again/off again MFP'er for 2/3 years. I log daily, as honestly as possible, and I always comment and offer my support to all of my friends I currently have. I am realizing though that only 2 or 3 are actually offering me support in return unfortunately. Anyone interested, please feel free to add me, thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Does 45 + count as well? :tongue:
  • MGwasp
    MGwasp Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi. I will be 50 in about 2 months and I would love to encourage each other. I am a mom of 10 and soon to be 12 years old girls. I live in Washington north of Seattle.
  • SNYPorter
    SNYPorter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 53, although I can't believe it. I have three kids still at home and 2 step chldren all grown up with 2 grandsons. I have been logging on and off for two or three years as well and I certainly do better when i Log in and check with other members. I would love to be a support person for you and wish you all the best.
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Does 45 + count as well? :tongue:

Of course lol, sent you a request, thanks!!
  • vanessa40
    vanessa40 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I sent you a request
  • AnneTanne0
    AnneTanne0 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    There is a nice group of 50+ ladies:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/15283-over-50-ladies

And of course you can add me too...
    50, living in Belgium with husband and 16 y.o. son...
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 in December. Mom of 3 daughters. Ages 26, 22 and 20. 5 grandchildren.

I just started MFP about 6 weeks ago. I walk, bicycle, occasionally Zumba and my husband is buying me some weights soon.
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    Options
    Thank you all!! I've sent requests and answered your requests also. I love adding new friends. It's great for inspiration and I often get new ideas from the diaries of everyone!
  • healthfulnow
    healthfulnow Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi - I sent you a request. I will be 56 y.o. in August (yikes that number crept up on me), and have lost 60 lbs from last September to this past March. I am currently trying to maintain all that has been accomplished. Would love to get to know you on MFP and encourage your healthier adventure!!
  • mikeymoney
    mikeymoney Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi - I sent you a request. I will be 56 y.o. in August (yikes that number crept up on me), and have lost 60 lbs from last September to this past March. I am currently trying to maintain all that has been accomplished. Would love to get to know you on MFP and encourage your healthier adventure!!

Time does go by fast!
  • Trailkill
    Trailkill Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Rosann1,

I would love to support you. I want to be thin for my 50th birthday. I have 18 mos to go.
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    Options
    Yay! I love all the support!! This website community is the best!! :) Anyone else looking for support please feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • CarolinaTK50
    Options
    I am new here and am a new graduate of the 50 year old club ! I'm eager to enter this new phase and begin a new me. I need all the support I can get. Thanks !
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    I am 42, hubs is 54, anyone can add me!
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also just sent you a friend request! I have found MFP to be very helpful and easy to use; I am in need of more friends, as well. I am soooo happy that I found it!
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am fifty six and just went through menopause and gained A TON of weight...Am in the process ofgetting it off...So far, I have lost nine pounds...Count me in if you want another "older" friend!!!

Reaan:glasses:
  • karenshaver52
    Options
    Hi
    I am over 58..I quite smoking and gained about 20 lbs...I am finding it so hard to get it off. Even with exercise and diet:grumble:

Any suggestions would sure be appreciated. I just started using this website this week.

Its new too me

Karen
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    Options
    Wow! Overwhelmed with all the support. I love MFP and everyone here! Been on here nearly 3 years and still surprises me all the warmth people offer one another on here. I love it!!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'll be 50 in December, feel free to add me.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I just hit 59 (I can barely write that # LOL) close to goal but have no plans to go away. I log daily and try to be as supportive as I can. Anyone can add me if they would like a new friend along the way.